Help becoming a reseller

I am in the process of writing an interface using the RegisterFly API for domain name functions. As a billing package, I will be using ClientExec, and I have not decided on a payment processor at this point. I suspect I will use a combination of PayPal, Google, and maybe the payment processing offered by RegisterFly (which I think is PayQuake).

Can someone tell me how all these things integrate, specifically the integration that I need to do between the RegisterFly API and ClientExec.

I am half way done working through all the functions offered via the RegisterFly API when I realized that I will need some kind of user authentication to manage everything, and I remembered that this could be handled via ClientExec.

What I am having a hard time understanding is the flow of things. In the case of someone registering a domain name, I figure I use the RegisterFly API to register the domain, pass the info to ClientExec where the users account is created, ClientExec then bills the user via my payment processor.

What happens later on when a user needs to update DNS, or renew the domain name? Is this handled in ClientExec after they login (which is then passed to RegisterFly), or is will this be done outside of ClientExec?

In regards to hosting packages, are the hosting packages purchased via ClientExec or do I create my own interface.

I think part of my problem is that I am not quite sure how ClientExec works, the online manual is very small. If someone can help me with the flow, or steps taken in the background, I would greatly appreciate. I am trying to automate this as much as possible.

Thanks again.

New York USA
    I am not familiar with Clientexec, however most other billing and account management solutions will send an e-mail to the new customer once they have signed up and their account is created. In the e-mails (which should be customizable) you can tell them they have to change their name servers to that of your's for dns propogation.

Hosting packages are created in your WHM, as well as inside of clientexec, then when the order in clientexec is accepted, it should be created in the whm (might be auto creation from clientexec).

Best Regards,

Shaun P

Is it a requirement to use RegisterFly API or another alternatives are also acceptable?
    ClientExec comes with eNom and Directi modules. [mod edit]
    Last edited by bear; 11-24-2006 at 10:06 PM.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

If your looking for automation, I *highly* suggest AWBS ( - trust me, they are the best for automation and support nearly every major payment system and alot of good domain resellers. I myself prefer the use of IRRP (, you can buy in bulk by $100 and the domains are $7.95/yr to you.
    GeekDub Hosting, Reseller, VPS and more! ●

Yes awbs is a very powerful script for hosting provider.
    whmcs also supports Registerfly.
    However, most people in WHT do not recommend Registerfly. Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise

Quote Originally Posted by PremiumHost
    However, most people in WHT do not recommend Registerfly.
    Agree, not many would recommend registryfly. Do a search here and read the problems registryfly have.

Best I would recommend enom instead

Ontario, Canada
    RegisterFly sets off red lights here. You might want to consider something like ENOM. You might even be able to gain some profit if you deposite a certain ammount.

However, if I saw RegisterFly on your website, I would stay away at all costs. - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

directi still cheapest for domain names.
    Cyber Host Pro Ltd - over 10 years in the UK hosting industry.
    Website Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cloud VPS Servers | Dedicated Servers
    ★ WhiteLabel OnAPP Cloud VPS Reseller Program, Failover, 10Gbit SFP+ Dual SAN storage with Cpanel, Plesk & Windows server. - UK Call Centre + 24x7 Online Chat

Columbus, Ohio
    ClientExec has a plugin module... All you have to do is fill in the blanks almost! And then you can order domains and register them automatically from Clientexec.