cPanel redundant servers?

I've been trying to rack my brain about it for the last while...

Basically, mirroring 2 servers is easy enough, especially when within the same private vlan/rack. The problem with cPanel is it's inherent instability, which I'm now trying to cut down on.

Basically, is there a software, or hardware based solution, which would ping (or via other methods) server1A, and if it's down, route all traffic to server1B (and so on and so on with all servers)?

I pm'ed a member of WHT who mentionned it's relatively simple, but I'm looking for other possible methods as well

Quote Originally Posted by WK-Anthony
    The problem with cPanel is it's inherent instability, which I'm now trying to cut down on.
    I would like to suggest a panel with cenralized system monitoring. You can get notification about almost all problems on your server with it. Also it's possible to monitor server state using tunable graphs.

We (as in the company, because it sure as heck ain't me doing the tech work), have that already setup. My team is pretty competent in getting things back up and running within 5-10 minutes, but it's still too much. Last month alone, http went down 3 times on one of the cPanel servers, on average of 7 minutes each time.

I want a second server that can accept all traffic during times like that, and something that can transfer it between servers seamlessly and nearly instantly.

Planet Earth
    Have you heard of heartbeat ?

It's real interesting.

G Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.