$50/month budget, possible?

Can anyone recommend me some good low end dedicated servers that are priced around $50/month? I need at least 500gigs/bw a month, preferably more. Is this possible?

Thanks.

You might be better off with a VPS depending on what you're using the server for.

I looked at VPS and i had trouble finding plans with the amount of b/w I need.

You may want to find a sponsor then, or someone to share a nicer dedicated with. You won't find a nice one for ~$50 generally. The absolute minimum for you to be able to stand the server, at least in my experience, you spend around $120. Anything less and it drives me crazy usually, just due to the lack of available resources.

serverpronto.com

Dedicated servers starting at $30 a month, but they don't have 500 GB bandwidth.

Look for a HiVelocity special, or JHServers, they have $49 servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberkiller
    Can anyone recommend me some good low end dedicated servers that are priced around $50/month? I need at least 500gigs/bw a month, preferably more. Is this possible?

Thanks.
    Two quick questions for you:

#1. Do you need a control panel for this server (cPanel, Plesk, etc.)? Because these commercial control panels will definitely put the total cost of your server well over $50.00. There are free alternatives, such as webmin (which isn't pretty but *does* effectively get the job done).

#2. Do you know how to manage a linux-based or windows server? If not, paying a third party to manage the server will also increase the price significantly.

You would be able to find "full managed" VPS servers with a control panel included for under $50.00 - but 500GB of bandwidth might be out of reach on such a plan.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Bestofdata.com has servers for $60/monthly.

That's the cheapest I can think of.
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

http://canaca.com/dedicated.htm

They have 700 & 1200GB bw with their VPS and really affordable. Not sure how good these guys are, maybe someone can give him some feedback on canaca.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan

They have 700 & 1200GB bw with their VPS and really affordable. Not sure how good these guys are, maybe someone can give him some feedback on canaca.
    wow, thats crazy cheap.

They have a 5 day free trial.....

take a look at ait com, i remeber they have a dedicated server for 69$ with 512mb 80gb 3tb trafic, i use the promotional code freesetup and i have it at 49$ month with no setup, To start is a good server, I prefer my new one with 100mbits unmetered, but its a 100$ server :p

Please dear god don't go with AIT without doing some research on them.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

why? I have a server in AIT 6 months (one year ago)and don't have any problems, but i change to an european DC because im spanish and have 170ms to usa, and for streaming i need max 40, but i liked this server is a very cheap server. (the ait server was my 1st dedicaded, now I have 4 in europe)

viprus has VPS plan with 1TB bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberkiller
    I looked at VPS and i had trouble finding plans with the amount of b/w I need.
    What plans have you been looking at? You can easily find that bandwith nowdays. Do you think that the cheapest dedicated is better than decent VPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Segey
    What plans have you been looking at? You can easily find that bandwith nowdays. Do you think that the cheapest dedicated is better than decent VPS?
    I looked around on here and the net, most vps plans come with 100gb to 500gb max. I found one with 1TB, however it was around $120/month and for that price I believe I could get a decent dedicated server with some of the deals on here.

I don't think it cheap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sTag-Dan

Canaca is fairly well documented on WHT, try a search

Check out 1paket.com
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com

There is 800hosting.

We've had hardware with them for quite a few months now, very nice network. We haven't worked with their support, though.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

You once could get $40-$50 servers from aplus.net (under the closeout specials) not sure if you still can.

Look galaxy-solutions.net