registerfly renewal help 11-06-06

I woke up early this morning trying to renew domains today. I used my credit card as usual but it said that it was "unable to contact card issuer. Please try again."
    So i try again and again it fails to renew. I use my wifes credit card and receive the same message.

I call support and they tell me to try again in an hour. I call my bank to make sure there is nothing wrong with my card and its good on that end.

Every hour or so later I try again and registerfly kicks me off and says " You are now logged out thank you for using Registerfly.com. At that point, my password did not work anymore and that my account is restricted so i have to call the risk department. I do so and get my account back and ask if i can just give my credit card number and they could renew over the phone and am told that they would have to renew it the same way i do so it wouldn't work. It's recommended that i add funds to my registerfly account since the "connection" to the credit card company is not going through or try to pay again in 2 hours.

Mind you each phone call is putting me on hold for 30 minutes and more. Good thing for speakerphone. I am currently on hold for 52 minutes because adding funds to my account does not seem to work either.

Anyone else experience these problems or have any suggestions to get these domains renewed today? The only option i havent tried yet is paypal but im weary because of their TOS.

Just transfer AWAY. As soon as possible.

Good luck!
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    Just transfer AWAY. As soon as possible.

Good luck!
    I bit the bullet and paid with paypal a total $116.87. I received an email that they were unable to renew 12 of the 13 domains. 1 domain is being transferred. ??? So now the funds in my registerfly account is showing $107.88 Its really starting to look bad so im looking into the transfer option. I have never done a transfer ever only pushes. Do you have a quick and dirty explanation of how that is done these days. I got hung up on so now im currently on hold for 97 minutes. Can't get any other work done because of this. Come on registerfly. You guys were better when you weren't "accredited"

1. Make sure all domains are unlocked
    2. Make sure you control all domains' Admin email. If not, change it to correct one.
    3. Make sure you don't use whois privacy on those domains.
    4. Initiate transfer process from the gaining registrar
    5. Approve transfers following the instructions you'll receive in your mailbox shortly
    6. Wait. 5-6 days max.

That's it.

Good luck!

I had the same issue but I was able to get it renewed / transfered to another provider intime to keep my domain name current.

transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by flypelikan
    I bit the bullet and paid with paypal a total $116.87. I received an email that they were unable to renew 12 of the 13 domains. 1 domain is being transferred. ??? So now the funds in my registerfly account is showing $107.88 Its really starting to look bad so im looking into the transfer option. I have never done a transfer ever only pushes. Do you have a quick and dirty explanation of how that is done these days. I got hung up on so now im currently on hold for 97 minutes. Can't get any other work done because of this. Come on registerfly. You guys were better when you weren't "accredited"
    Do you want to transfer away from RegisterFly?

lol @ people with 4-5 posts talking about their experience with Registerfly!

Anyways if you have those funds in your Registerfly account then it means money has been credited.

You can simply use them and renew domains. You can send a private message to Paul ( WHT ID : RegFly ) and give him your user ID / domains and he will renew those domains for you.

Good luck @ flypelikan
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

Quote Originally Posted by CSDesk
    ou can send a private message to Paul ( WHT ID : RegFly ) and give him your user ID / domains and he will renew those domains for you.
    I have read Paul V had serious health problems and I am not sure he is fully recovered by now. You shouldn't suggest PMing him, as this wouldn't help at the moment...

Anyways if you have those funds in your Registerfly account then it means money has been credited.

You can simply use them and renew domains. You can send a private message to Paul ( WHT ID : RegFly ) and give him your user ID / domains and he will renew those domains for you.

Good luck @ flypelikan
    I have to say that someone with 4 or 5 posts who doesn't have any domains registered with rf is much better off than someone with in excess of 1000 posts who does have domains registered with rf. I am out of the asylum now that I have no business with rf anymore.

Jeff

If you have domains registered at RegisterFly i would advise you to transfer them away A.S.A.P.! Thank god we don't use their hosting and DNS services... so no experience with that. But they are by far the worst registrar to have your domains with.
    - They overcharged my creditcard because their renewal system is crap! We have lost 3 domains due to their incompetence.
    - The control panel is always slow
    - And don't even ask about their rude "support" answers (after 2 - 3 days!) when opening a support ticket. Or trying in contact with their non existing "live support chat"

If you don't believe me just read other horror stories of RegisterFly victims at registerflies.com

Quote Originally Posted by gokart
    If you have domains registered at RegisterFly i would advise you to transfer them away A.S.A.P.! Thank god we don't use their hosting and DNS services... so no experience with that. But they are by far the worst registrar to have your domains with.
    - They overcharged my creditcard because their renewal system is crap! We have lost 3 domains due to their incompetence.
    - The control panel is always slow
    - And don't even ask about their rude "support" answers (after 2 - 3 days!) when opening a support ticket. Or trying in contact with their non existing "live support chat"

If you don't believe me just read other horror stories of RegisterFly victims at registerflies.com
    RF is the n1 sh*it of the registrars
    Transfer away??
    It is another nightmare. Try and get the EPP code.
    Either you can't get one
    the one in the panel is possibly wrong
    there isn't one in the panel
    they change your registrant info to theirs
    they don't reply to tickets
    the online chat is wait forever and no reply or a quick bush off
    phone takes for ever to get answered
    if you get an answer they give a lot of bulls*i and restart the useless cycle

Why does ICANN allow this sh*it to continue?
    Last edited by busterz; 11-07-2006 at 06:37 AM.

busterz, you are totally right. Getting a EPP code in their control panel is a total hell, acutally.... their total system, control panel and billing dept. is totally crap!!

But... i found out the following. You can succesfully transfer domains from RegisterFly to NameCheap! Just do a transfer request at NameCheap... then you will get a message that a EPP code is required. Then just fill in some fake EPP code at NameCheap and the transfer will go through successfully in 24 - 48 hours! This worked for me perfectly.

ps: Their transfer system is totally crap also, because you will only receive a email from NameCheap at your admin email address which you have to confirm. You won't get even a email from RegisterFly for confirmation that your domain is being transferred out.
    But after you confirmed the NameCheap email... the domain will be successfully transferred in 24 -48 hours.

Forgot to mention, i have done about 50 successfull transfers with "fake" EPP codes from RegisterFly to NameCheap :-)

PS: you should make a list of your domains at RegisterFly and check which you have transferred, because their control panel is such crap that domains which are transferred out still show up in the domain list.
    Also, don't look strange when you receive still those "renewal reminder" emails from RegisterFly for domains which are transferred out already.

busterz, you are totally right. Getting a EPP code in their control panel is a total hell, acutally.... their total system, control panel and billing dept. is totally crap!!

But... i found out the following. You can succesfully transfer domains from RegisterFly to NameCheap! Just do a transfer request at NameCheap... then you will get a message that a EPP code is required. Then just fill in some fake EPP code at NameCheap and the transfer will go through successfully in 24 - 48 hours! This worked for me perfectly.

ps: Their transfer system is totally crap also, because you will only receive a email from NameCheap at your admin email address which you have to confirm. You won't get even a email from RegisterFly for confirmation that your domain is being transferred out.
    But after you confirmed the NameCheap email... the domain will be successfully transferred in 24 -48 hours.
    Not to sure about 'any' auth code
    One issue regarding a transfer of an INFO domain is that allthough the whois at RF and ENOM shows me as the registrant with my correct details, any other whois show RF instead, therefore no email can ever get to me.
    This situation seems to be the fault of ENOM for not updating the INFO details with AFIILAS(info domains)on behalf of RF.
    Enom leaves RF has the registrant no matter how many times I update the informations in the RF panel.
    Basically in this case Enom doesn't update with afilias and still show RF as the registrant as it was before disabling protectfly guard.
    Compounding this issue with RF 4th world country support and database and NAMECHEAP not replying after 4 days - Houston, we've got a problem

I have just spotted a gray hair on my kboard!!

Sorry to hear you have so much problems. I have been also with sooo much shi** with RegisterFly (creditcard fraud, lost domains!, talking with their rude "support" people etc.)

I don't know about the .info domains. I only have transferred out .com and .net domains from RegisterFly to NameCheap. And thank god that the admin email addy was correct all the time, so that didn't have to be changed in the RF control panel.

Updated.

I have been working with the user regfly and was able to get 12 of the 13 domains renewed. They would not renew even after they were paid for and would just fail but he was able to correct it. The 13th was paid for and received a confirmation on payment on the 6th yet there is still no change in the status in the registerfly panel. That particular domain was purchased with the others but is going through a transfer process that should have completed by now. As it continues, if registerfly had regular support like regfly, their reputation would be high flying. It definitely shouldn't have to go like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flypelikan
    Updated.
    if registerfly had regular support like regfly, their reputation would be high flying. It definitely shouldn't have to go like this.
    I agree and Regfly has helpled me a lot, thanks Regfly! but the scary thing is, what if something happened to Regfly? people quit or move on all the time.

fewcoin

Forgot to mention, i have done about 50 successfull transfers with "fake" EPP codes from RegisterFly to NameCheap :-)

PS: you should make a list of your domains at RegisterFly and check which you have transferred, because their control panel is such crap that domains which are transferred out still show up in the domain list.
    Also, don't look strange when you receive still those "renewal reminder" emails from RegisterFly for domains which are transferred out already.
    Yo GoKart,

Thanks for your advice. I definitely agree about doublechecking RegFly and maintaining your own list. I had some domains "disappear" and it was a pain.

As for the "fake" epp codes, were these with .com or .net domains and BEFORE Nov 1? It is my understanding these were not required until Nov.1 I wonder if RRP still works after Oct 28?

updated and closed.

To all those that responded, thanks for the stories and tips,well noted.

To all those working at registerfly I'll say this. Registerfly was once the darling of the industry. It can be again.

Yes, this issue is finally resolved. It took some major patience, alot of correspondence and tremendous help from the member regfly to get this back on track. I truly hope Registerfly gets back to its roots soon.
    Last edited by flypelikan; 11-16-2006 at 11:09 AM.

CSDesk people with newbie and less than 5 postings here can be in this business much more years than you are so take care about that.
    We are all to help each other here and I can asure you that when I have been drinking my first Dutch beer you were yet to be prognosed
    http://www.extremejourney.com regards Peter and Savo from Makserver

Point taken about people with low post counts posting about Rfly. Yes, I am new and low but I've been using Rfly for about 6 years. There was a time when I would suggest Rfly to people even though their UI has always been slow and kinda strange to navigate. What blew my mind was the "disappearing domains" trick. It happened to me several times and I would have to contact them to get them back. While I haven't lost any, this should not even be an issue!
    (What online stock broker is going to stay in business if they "misplace" shares?)

My first association with WHT was when I was looking for a new webhost. Then after the Rfly probs, to find a better registrar. I didn't start posting until I had a problem and needed answers!

I'll be curious to see how Rfly is doing 2 years from now.

BB
    Last edited by BobBarato; 11-17-2006 at 01:23 PM.

BobBarato well as you said its not the amount of posting or lets say quality and not quantity
    Also this forum really helped me years ago finding a good VServer and they really came trough with less than 1% downtime.

I must say about RF that the website is working a little better after the crash today as it took me minutes just to open a page the last several days.

They are still playing a came with me as I have updated all my domain, just to be sure, but from the long list of transfers to another register one of the most attractive commercial names is still on admin email [email protected] so this one is still impossible to transfer as I need the code.

I wrote to them but as usual no reply from them.
    I wrote to my new register telling that the whois info is yet on my email so to recheck the system again and to re-sent the authorization email to me to make the pending complete.

Spoke too soon. This issue is not resolved as it appeared to be yet. Stay tuned.

The last domain finally "appears to be" renewed in my account but there is still a problem with the global whois. When using registerfly's whois it shows my updated contact information but when using any other global whois like netsol.com whois, pir.org whois, domaintools.com whois it shows registerfly's contact information and has been that way since november 17th.

I've left the user regfly out of this particular part because it seemed pretty minor and have tried to use regular registerfly support email asking about the whois. This was the response i got.

Hello,

I can see this domain (example.com) is successfully renewed. This domain in Registerfly old system and protectfly is not supported on old system.

Thank You.

(someones name)
    Rapid Response Service
    Registerfly.com INC
    ICANN Accredited Registrar
    Since its so close to Thanksgiving Day over here, i had to laugh at that one.

Private protectfly has not been activated on this domain.

I see registrar transfer would be problematic if the information on the whois is registerfly's. What do you think is happening here?

Hi flypelikan this is at least a reply from them. I am really out of any ideas how to get this domain transferred. They first removed this domain from my account and after a couple of hours it appeared again but still the admin email is on [email protected].
    The only answer I got is that the domain is again in my account please verify but no reply on the main issue of the admin email.

Finally closed, I hope.

The global whois was finally updated in the final domain.

Since I left the user Regfly out of this minor issue, it took a few more emails to regular support and a call to registerfly where I reached a nice support girl. She confirmed that I filled the whois out correctly and didn't know why this particular domain had differing information and elevated the issue to God upstairs. By Nov 25th, email support notified me that the whois had been updated and I was able to confirm it globally.

Why updating whois makes it look like the information is updated in registerflys whois but not globally is...well...a bit suspicious.

Since then i have gone individually through the whois of all my domains and found at least 2 more domains with my information showing at registerfly whois, but showing [email protected] as admin email on all other global whois.

Mind you I do not use protectfly on these domains and if i did, protectfly is supposed to have a mechanism called spamfly that would "generate four unique e-mail address for you that appears on all contacts within the Whois Output." and then forword those emails to my email address. I dont think this is working in my account. A test activating protectfly on one domain made the admin email [email protected].

If you are with registerfly check domains individually and do not rely on registerfly whois. I suggest using the registrys TLD whois as good place to start This could potentially avoid any problems like being able to be contacted or if you need to be ready to transfer registrars.