Dedicated Server Need

Hi,

I am looking for a dedicated server provider from UK, Netherlands or Germany. We currently have 2 dedicated servers is USA and 1 in Turkey, but it's very difficult to work with the servers in USA, so we will move one of them to UK at the beginning.

CPU : Any P4 is OK; 2.4, 2.8, 3.0, 3.2, etc. HT or Dual Core is not so important, but can be preferable
    HDD : 2 x 120 or 2 x 160 GB, SATA is preferable
    RAM : 1 or 2 GB, if you can specify both, it's appreciated
    OS : Windows 2003 Standard Server (English), we have our install key, so if you can let us to use our key, it'll be perfect (Note: we are not interested in any Linux/Unix, only Windows please)
    Bandwidth : 250 - 300 GB per month will be enough for us (normally the one we will transfer is getting 180 GB per month). But the network should be 10 MBit/s, so we are not affected with instant loads
    IPs : Need 8 numbers of IP

The server will be fully unmanaged, we just want hardware support. Our only request is;
    - Install Windows 2003 into primary hard disk, give IPs to NIC and send us the Remote Desktop information. The rest setups will be made by us (DNS, IIS, Hosting Control Panel, Mail Server, FTP Server, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.)

Server will be used for hosting purposes, no IRC or adult sites will be hosted.

Payments will be done monthly, via Credit Card or PayPal, you just tell us.

And we will pay for the first month, test the server and everything, if we will be happy with the performance, we will keep on working with you. If we will not be happy, then we will be free to leave (I mean no yearly contracts).

Thanks in advance

Hayri Dumanli
    Istanbul, Turkey

Have you had a look at any companies already? You can get some very cheap servers from 1&1 and server4you in Germany. Gets a little more expensive in the UK.

Thank you for your message Olate. I wrote the same message to forum2.co.uk, many replies came, as you said prices are little expensive in UK, you're right.

I looked at the both you mentioned, server4you.de seems very attractive, but all the site is in German, they don't have English version, but I'll send them an e-mail in English, hopefully someone can reply it.

poundhost and 49pence are good hosts to try
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

A good way to decide is to go on a load of websites via links from here, forum2 and Google and create a document comparing them all. Then you can look through it and decide which one is the best for the price. Of course it depends on what you want - you can get some very cheap UK servers but you have to question the quality (support, overselling, hardware). Then there are the more expensive servers which tend to have very good standards of service for the amount you pay.

hayat, can you tell what makes servers in the USA difficult to work with?

Hi HHIC. I didn't want to put the blame on USA service providers. What I meant is;

* There is only 1 company in Turkey for international backbones, this is old Turkish Telekom (TTNet), it was government owned for many years, it was privatized some months ago, but there was no effect for the consumers like us at this moment. Lines to USA was faster and direct beforewards, but now all the lines are going through Europe first. So, if I want to access a USA provider, I have to pass through Turkey, then Germany - Netherlands - England (one of them), then USA. It means that any USA server can be traced in at least 20 steps and at least 200 - 250 ms. European servers are far less of course.

* There is only one advantage of USA servers, when it's day here it's night in USA. So especially mail traffic becomes easier in daytimes here. But at the same time it has a big disadvantage, when it becomes a problem and you open a support ticket (or call by phone in emergency) it's night there. And we all know that nightshift technicians don't touch with serious issues, they wait for the daytime workers. It means that each problem has to wait for 4, 6, sometimes 8 hours before it reaches to experienced personnel.

* The only advantage of USA servers is the price of course. I have 2 co-located servers in Turkey now, one of them is connected with 1 MBps in an ISP and I pay 200 $ per month, just for the connection, I gave the hardware there, plus I bought all the softwares and installed, I mean it's fully unmanaged. Other one is in another ISP, they have faster lines and satellite back-up for emergency times, I pay 250 $ per month for 512 kBps, and of course it's the same, I gave all hardware and software.

So if you look at the price view, USA servers is unbeatable, but for the connection speed, support hours and emergency times, they have many disadvantages as I wrote. I had a hard disk failure once (error reports started to came that hard disk was dying), it was night time here, I took the spare hard disk, jumped in my car, reached the ISP's Data Center, copied the hard disk into new one, changed them inside the case; all of them took 40 minutes. None of USA companies can give me this guarantee, or they ask for 200 $ for service fee, and if I try to go to there, it'd take at least 24 hours

Thank you Darklegi0n. But I couldn't find their web address, can you tell me what the address is?

█████Deltrum Web Hosting - Business Grade Hosting Solutions
    █████Shared & Reseller Hosting, Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers
    █████High Quality Apache Servers with cPanel and Daily Off-Site Backups
    █████w: deltrumweb.com e: hosting@deltrumweb.com t: 0845 054 7512

I sent an e-mail to Crunya Sales, and they responded in an hour. But their price is higher than the ones in UK. Plus, they didn't understand my needs (even they write in e-mail that we understand your needs) and send me the regular prices.
    So, sorry for them.

Merhaba, Hayat!

There are some new options for colocation in Sofia. I checked yesterday with www.evro.net - they accept 1U and 2U servers, switch is 1 GB, dedicated 3 mb for 130 euro VAT excluded.

Feel free to icq me for more details if interested.

Thanks Imago. But it's impossible to understand the site language

There is an English page, but it doesn't say much. :-)
    http://www.evro.net/en.html

Yes, you're absolutely right

I have agreed with siterollout.com, the server setup is on the way. Thank you everyone who offered their prices and services here.
    I'll leave my comments after setup and operation.