Recommend a host for multiple domain? not a reseller plan

I also need advice on hosting
    I want to host multiple domain, for my own websites....is reseller a good option or host with the option of multiple domains?

someone recommended Steadfast networks http://steadfast.net ....Anyone used that..anycommenst about their customer support and attitute towards customers..

as i feel u can have problem with anyone, but more imposrtant is how does seller deals u in the problem....

For what you're doing you don't need a reseller account. The Basic Plan at Steadfast looks like it would suit your needs. Or take a look at asmallorange.com. It's slightly cheaper for a year and I'm very happy with them.

Almost every host today offers multiple domain hosting, you do not need a reseller account for this -- you can manage all of the domains within one account. In terms of steadfast, I would do some research around here, read some reviews, and also include others on the list to compare.

Good luck!

Thanks Clefern.

I would elaborate on what else i would like to have....i am new to web world on terms of making website, but v fast learner...

* website builder (imp factor in decision)
    * Multiple domain
    * I am not expecting v high traffic in 1st year
    * Search engine submission option (if its there good)
    * Yahoo/Google credits (if its there good)
    * Fantastico

and other basic things....

I like Vodahost( in terms what they are offering, as per their website), but not willing to go with them due to their attitute towards customer and totally biased support forum..

Quote Originally Posted by clefren
    For what you're doing you don't need a reseller account. The Basic Plan at Steadfast looks like it would suit your needs. Or take a look at asmallorange.com. It's slightly cheaper for a year and I'm very happy with them.
    Thanks clefren,

I think a small orange seems to be ok...have u ever faced any problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by nimbupani
    I think a small orange seems to be ok...have u ever faced any problem with them
    I had a couple of problems but they were resolved very quickly by support.

Are you looking for windows or Linux?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

I am not an advanced user..so will not be using .asp..

so it doesnt make a differnce..or is it?

My recommendations in that case is to go with a Linux server. it is more reliable, you will find more code to work with linux systems. and it is the most commonly used in web hosting.
    Let us know if there is anything we can help you with. Good luck
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    Are you looking for windows or Linux?
    User Mentioned Fantastico , so i am assuming he/she wants Cpanel which unfortunately runs only on linux.

But if you like to host multiple sites, reseller option is good as long as you do not want other users access to your site for demo for selling purposes etc. But reseller makes control of all your sites a bit easy and you dont get confused as to which mysql database belongs to which addon domain you put on your shared account .
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by paidhosting
    User Mentioned Fantastico , so i am assuming he/she wants Cpanel which unfortunately runs only on linux.

But if you like to host multiple sites, reseller option is good as long as you do not want other users access to your site for demo for selling purposes etc. But reseller makes control of all your sites a bit easy and you dont get confused as to which mysql database belongs to which addon domain you put on your shared account .
    Oh I see. Good point on the mysql databases.... that would be a great advanatage. the only downside to a reseller account is that usually you would get less resources (disk space, bandwidth) than you would with a shared multi domain hosting. but this could be sufficient depending on your needs

are you looking for a AUS based host?

Thanks Ahmed and others

But reseller plans are expensive and i am running big sites....out of 6 sites...one will about blog, other about information about city(with forum and blog), one for advertising...like this..

PS: I am very new and only know basic HTML....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by nimbupani
    But reseller plans are expensive
    Not really, there isn't a real price difference between shared and reseller as everyone now are overselling like crazy.

Too many you can try.
    If you only need about 3 domain, you can use I&I Web Hosting.
    If you need less than 6: you can use startlogic.
    If you need unlimited: hostmonster.
    They are all very good. And the price is less than $5 permonth.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA
    everyone now are overselling like crazy.
    Yes we call this term in quality Mangement as Setting wrong expectations..and this is the main cause of dissatisfaction..

PS: Its easy to retain a customer then getting a new one..