LiquidWeb Dedicated - My Experience

I'm a bit bored at work so thought I'd start a log of my experience in signing up for my first dedicated server.

After some reading of the trusty WHT I decided to give LiquidWeb a shot. I run my own construction business and the server will principally be used for my company's needs, but to host some other interests in the area of motorsport as well. I doubt I will ever fully utilise the capacity of the server but money is not really an issue as computers are my 2nd hobby and I simply enjoy playing with the technology. It's a lot cheaper than hobby no. 1 i.e. the motorsport reference above

Keep in mind I am based on the east coast of Australia, GMT +10, so some allowances should probably be made for time zone differences.

The sign up process on LiquidWeb's site was simple and I went with their most basic of plans for now.

Their TOS seems concise and to the point and was an easy read.

So, order placed and email confirmation of order received 6 November 2006 13:45 (my time).
    Last edited by ZenithRS; 11-05-2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling error in title
    Brindabella Motor Sport Club - Motor Sport in the Australian Capital Territory

I am glad you had a good experience with them. My experience hasn't been that good in terms of their support.

I purchased a dedicated server two days back. Apparently they entered the wrong Plesk license key so Plesk is not working. This means that I cannot configure the server, create domains, etc. and go about running my business. As of writing this post, the issue hasn't been resolved yet.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was the suspect. --Steven Wright

I haven't had the experience yet... is a work in progress

Thumbs up

I have one server with them for last 4 months.Setup tooks 3 days for me.but after that i never contacted them for any support other than purchasing ip's.my server is running 270 sites smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by tamilseo
    I have one server with them for last 4 months.Setup tooks 3 days for me.but after that i never contacted them for any support other than purchasing ip's.my server is running 270 sites smoothly.
    Would you mind saying what server you have?
    Duplika → Hosting since 2005
    FastWeb → WordPress Optimization

Does the remote backup traffic count to the bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by Imago
    Afaik no - if done correctly.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

A little over 24 hours and no response as yet, although I've missed a few unidentified phone calls....

We do phone verify all dedicated orders, if you could PM me your order information I can assure someone verifies on a schedule agreeable with yourself.

You also should have received an e-mail explaining that you can call in from the number on the order to verify at any time yourself.

Do let me know if you have any problems with this process.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.
    http://www.liquidweb.com
    http://www.stormondemand.com

I had a server with LiquidWeb for quite some time. Their customer support is unbeatable, the uptime was GREAT, and the speed was good too. All in all I would suggest LW to anyone!

I raised a support ticket with LW yesterday afternoon my time just querying progress. I received a response not long after and was contacted by phone to verify. So all good so far apart from that initial delay with phone contact, but as I said in the original post, the large time zone difference may have meant LW did try to contact me but I was snoring

Quote Originally Posted by Imago
    We in fact deploy all servers with a secondary nic connected to a dedicated backup network which is used only for remote backup connections.

Traffic to this network does not count against your bandwidth allocation.
    Matthew Hill
    CEO, Liquid Web Inc.
    http://www.liquidweb.com
    http://www.stormondemand.com

Quote Originally Posted by Juanzo
    Would you mind saying what server you have?
    https://www.liquidweb.com/cart/conte...bmaster/Plan1/
    I got 2 Gb Ram instead of 1 gb using coupon

Quote Originally Posted by liquidweb
    We in fact deploy all servers with a secondary nic connected to a dedicated backup network which is used only for remote backup connections.

Traffic to this network does not count against your bandwidth allocation.
    Is this also try for your VPS's? Or just dedicated?

Their TOS seems concise and to the point and was an easy read.
    As for me I like to read laconic TOS where the main things are written in items. It's easy to read and understand everything. I think the long TOS nobody reads.

I had DNS resolving problems with them (from India) a few months back. But liquidweb could not help.

So I left them and went to another hosting provider.

Now after about six months time I again decided to move back to LW thinking that the problem must have been solved by now. So I confirmed an order and paid last Saturday. But till now (end of Wednesday) my server has not been setup which is really making me think twice about their present reliability.

Also this thread that their DNS problem has not solved yet is forcing me to give 2nd thoughts about cancelling my purchase.

Pls suggest.

Any LiquidWeb representative here who can reply ??????

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...62#post4202862

A1future,
    Please refrain from posting the same post multiple times on different threads.

I have addressed this issue elsewhere. Please PM me if you have any additional issues and I will be happy to work with you.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand

Time for an update. I've been away so haven't got back to this thread until now.

I received welcome email and confirmation of server setup on 8 November at 8:41 my time. So, 42.5 hours to get the server setup. Given that I missed their initial verification phone calls I'm more than happy with that.

Haven't had all that much time to do much with the server yet. Have moved a few domains to it, that's all. But I can't fault it so far. Ping from where I am in Aus is fractionally slower than the shared host I was on with HostGator.

Had one dealing with support, but is was due to my error, and was resolved within minutes.

Not allowing for price (as I didn't shop around much), I gotta give them an A+ so far.

Hmmm... well all was good for a few days but now I seem to be suffering from DNS issues similar to those mentioned by others in this thread. A number of domains simply seem to disappear regularly each day. I've just raised a ticket to see what can be resolved but I'm a little nervous having read similar experiences here.

Any updates? By the way, can you elaborate on the DNS issues? WHat exactly is disappearing?

Yeah, any updates, and does LW have any guaranteed response times to support tickets?

Hi Guys,
    This DNS issue has been resolved, it was outside of the Liquid Web Network. If you have any issues please report them to our support staff immediately. Thank you.
    Travis Stoliker
    Liquid Web - Dedicated Hosting with Heroic Support
    StormOnDemand - Flexible Cloud Hosting Infrastructure
    1-800-580-4985 | Twitter: @liquidweb | @StormOnDemand