Dedicated server for proxies

Can anyone please recomend something..

my budget is abound 100 dollars... and looking for something decent//

so far i am looking at server4sale

are they good?

Requirments

Hi,

What are the closer requirments of the server, Do you need uk or us? what c/p are you looking for and what os.

thanks

Please state the server you are looking at also have you looked that the dc allows the content required?

Hi,

Check out for the standard servers in easyspeedy.com
    Surebrowse

Quote Originally Posted by surebro
    Hi,

Check out for the standard servers in easyspeedy.com
    Do you run that co? They have a pretty high setup fee.

well i guess i am looking at us servers...

need atleast P4 with 1 gb ram or more...

Well i in the same boat looking for the same thing as you lol

Majority said to me a VPS solution sound in my budget. Might want to consider that or upping your budget. You can get a p4 2.8 ghz at layeredtech for i beleive $139.00 ( I heard they hard on abuse complaints though) so do your research and ask them if they allow proxy sites too

Best of luck to yeah

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyES
    at layeredtech for i beleive $139.00 ( I heard they hard on abuse complaints though) so do your research and ask them if they allow proxy sites too
    I heard that they are not that "hard" with abuse complaints... and that is why quite a few free web hosts are moving to use there servers.
    Snapya

Quote Originally Posted by snapya
    I heard that they are not that "hard" with abuse complaints... and that is why quite a few free web hosts are moving to use there servers.
    8 hours to take action from what i read. i guess on proxy they wouldn't shut you down unless they get alot of complains *shrugs*

forgot to add if you want unmanage server4sale.com (reseller of layeredtech) offers the p4 2.8 2gb ram 200gb bw for 110.00 USD

read good and bad reviews. not totaly sure weather they good or not

just a few host i seen around your price range

I am currently with servstra another reseller of layeredtech and I have had a good experience so far! They respod very quickly to tickets and they are also very helpfull.
    Snapya

Quote Originally Posted by wormy
    Do you run that co? They have a pretty high setup fee.
    Hi Wormy,

I wish...

I am using them for sometimes & they are really good.
    Surebrowse

Btw, just to add. Server4Sale also resells SoftLayer servers so he might be talking about them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyES
    8 hours to take action from what i read. i guess on proxy they wouldn't shut you down unless they get alot of complains *shrugs*

forgot to add if you want unmanage server4sale.com (reseller of layeredtech) offers the p4 2.8 2gb ram 200gb bw for 110.00 USD

read good and bad reviews. not totaly sure weather they good or not

just a few host i seen around your price range
    Thats not true. I just had one complaing about my proxy when I was at LT and they told me to shut the whole domain down or they would suspend me. They even forgot that they had preapproved my proxy and I had to remind them that I checked with them before signing up. Then they reluctantly brought my server back up but I left them soon after.

Quote Originally Posted by urgentVPS
    Btw, just to add. Server4Sale also resells SoftLayer servers so he might be talking about them.
    He is probably using the Nocster server through them because I pointed the 4000 gig special out to him.

Quote Originally Posted by wormy
    Thats not true. I just had one complaing about my proxy when I was at LT and they told me to shut the whole domain down or they would suspend me. They even forgot that they had preapproved my proxy and I had to remind them that I checked with them before signing up. Then they reluctantly brought my server back up but I left them soon after.
    Well then i guess your right. I just read that while searching these forums. I guess the person didn't know what he was talking about then.

I use server4sale, I'd highly reccomend them. All my tickets have been responded to within 5 minutes, even today when I put a ticket in at 6:20 AM.

For anything that stands a chance of any sort of AUP violations, i would keep away from LT in all honesty. They null/pull boxes down pretty quick over any sort of abuse and you end up going through loops to get cleared for most things.
    We have a lot of hardware at LT, but anything that stands any sort of complaints we put far away.

I would recommend FDC, they know their way around such cases a lot. Their abuse team works quickly, but they're also very fair about a lot of things and work with their users to make sure thigns get cleaned up/fixed up. I've submitted code to them to help their clients as well

You can check their forums, they have some sales going on. They don't have anything in the P4 for $100 range, but you can normally get a sempron 2400+ w/ 1GB ram for the $129 range.

They give a fairly huge amoutn of bandwidth for that price, i think around 50Mbit is what they're telling clients now - I know that's what we hold on a few of our boxes at any given time.

Thanks,

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony