Thread: 2Checkout.Com

Question 2Checkout.Com

Hi guys

After digging through a lot, I have come to 2Checkout.Com as my only choice of accepting CC online. Being in a third world country like Pakistan, sometimes it’s really hard to get things done easily.

I want to know few things so if anyone here has a good experience with 2CO please help me in this. Let me put this in question wise.

1) How much time 2CO take to confirm the payment? (i.e. if someone paid using CC, after how much time I can confirm that the payment is successfully received by 2CO )
    2) How can I use “Money Back Guarantee” with them? (i.e. if I want to offer 30 days money back guarantee to users, how I will be able to pay them back using 2CO)
    3) I heard that they do “Verification by Call” to see that the goods/service has been delivered/done by the seller. Doesn’t that look odd to the clients?
    4) If there is anything bad about them that you want to point out, please tell me.

Well, If you put some details in your reply, that will be a great help.
    Last edited by Fastian; 11-05-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    Find solution to every problem ---> Google.com

1) If the credit card is accepted you will receive an email almost instantly that the payment has been received by 2Checkout - however the fraud screening (if the order passes or fails) can take up to a day or more.

2) You can refund your clients through the 2Checkout control panel. If you have no money in your 2Checkout account you will have a negative balance, obviously.

3) I know that 2Checkout does some verification calls, however I haven't heard any complaints... yet. It doesn't seem that odd since your clients will know they are going through 2Checkout to process the order, and the verification is for everyone's protection.

4) When you first sign up it can take one to two months before your money is released to you. After those first few months, the deposits (if you do DEFT payment) are usually on time, however occasionally they can be a week late.
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

@Pat H

Thanks for your reply. That really help.

So, if they are doing verification process, that mean you can not creat an account for your customer untill they are done. And that can take a day or more.
    Isn't that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    @Pat H

Thanks for your reply. That really help.

So, if they are doing verification process, that mean you can not creat an account for your customer untill they are done. And that can take a day or more.
    Isn't that bad?

If you implement your own fraud control, then you can just go ahead and create the account if it passes while 2co does its own fraud detection as well... That way you don't need to wait for 2co to give the all clear..
    Last edited by TradeViceroy; 11-17-2006 at 08:04 PM. Reason: MOD NOTE: Corrected Quoted Name
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by stealthdevil
    If you implement your own fraud control, then you can just go ahead and create the account if it passes while 2co does its own fraud detection as well... That way you don't need to wait for 2co to give the all clear..
    Thanks for your reply. Would you like to explain a bit further? ... How can I implement my own Fraud Control ??

One more question about 2CO.com.

(5) Can we do recurring billing with them? (Like if a client goes for monthly option, they charge the CC on monthly basis without entering CC details again?)

Yes, but as far as I know it won't pass it to your script.
    So you'll have to do it manually.
    Nahuel Lanzón - nahuel.lanzon[@]lemuriacorp.com
    Lemuria Corporation - CEO / MANAGER
    Spanish Flash Tutorials! LemuriaDemos.com

Well, That would work as well.

One more question to go.
    Can someone here confirm that 2CO works with any of the following ATM Debit Cards??
    MyGcard.Com
    Virtualmoneyinc.com

Again I will appreciate if you could provide me with any details.

If both, which one would you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus
    Thanks for your reply. Would you like to explain a bit further? ... How can I implement my own Fraud Control ??
    You can do that by:

1. Matching the details in the form filled in by your potential client with the IP address ie does country they claimed they are in is also where the IP is from? (it is difficult with all this proxy technology but I am sure it will help)

2. Most scammers would order the most expensive / highest plan available on your site, so if you do get such an order...be careful.

3. Call your clients? I know 2co does it but you may want to do it again.
    Last edited by TradeViceroy; 11-17-2006 at 08:03 PM. Reason: MOD NOTE: Corrected Quoted Name

You can also check out www.maxmind.com for fraud. We use ClientExec and it has a maxmind plugin. Also, the pricing is very fair. They will also do automated callbacks.

Good Luck

2checkout.com works good until someone does a chargeback then its in the clients favor I have used them for 2 years and they are good but if you get a chargeback then it can cause problems in the fighting process.