Suggest dedicated server

Iím looking for a dedicated host for my site and need help as this isnít my specialty.

Iím currently averaging around 30 to 40 GB per day so Iím looking at 2,000GB or more monthly. I donít know if it would be better to have an Opteron or a Xeon processor but here is what Iíve been looking at Layered Tech:
    2 x AMD Opteron 246 w/1MB L2 cache
    2 x 73GB SCSI Hard Drive
    2048MB RAM
    Bandwidth: 2000GB
    IP Addresses: 8 (5 usable)
    Private VLAN
    Basic Resource Monitoring
    FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Linux, Windows*
    100% Self Managed and Dedicated
    w/Cpanel is around $235 montly.

I run phpAdsNew and Mint (stat tracking) and that should be about it.

Does this seem like a good server from anyoneís experience? Can you suggest another hosting company to look at other than layered tech?

Also, what OS is better for linux? Iíll be using cpanel so I donít really care, I just want it to be very stable.

Iíd like to keep the prices around or less than the $235

Thanks for any input and advice.

I don't think you can get price at that level with a managed provider. Anyway, you can check around offer forum, should find something that suite your flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by wheimeng
    I don't think you can get price at that level with a managed provider. Anyway, you can check around offer forum, should find something that suite your flavor.
    I don't need a managed provider, I just need a good server for my needs. I can either manage it myself or outsource it. Right now I just need advice on picking the server and host provider.