View Poll Results: If you had the choice, which one would you pick?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • AMD Single CPU Dual Core Opteron 275

5 83.33%
  • AMD X2 4200 Dual Core

1 16.67%

Which is better?

AMD Single CPU Dual Core Opteron 275 | AMD X2 4200 Dual Core
    Both servers have 2GIG of RAM and the Operton 275 has a 250GB hard drive and the X2 4200 has 2x500GB hard drive.

I personally am kind of leaning towards the AMD X2 4200 Dual Core because of the hard drive and it kind of sounds more powerfuler but I dont know, help me out! I plan to run game servers on these boxes!

IF YOU VOTE, PLEASE POST WHY YOU PICKED THAT SERVER SO I KNOW WHY EXACTLY, THANK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Frimon86
    AMD Single CPU Dual Core Opteron 275 | AMD X2 4200 Dual Core
    Both servers have 2GIG of RAM and the Operton 275 has a 250GB hard drive and the X2 4200 has 2x500GB hard drive.

I personally am kind of leaning towards the AMD X2 4200 Dual Core because of the hard drive and it kind of sounds more powerfuler but I dont know, help me out! I plan to run game servers on these boxes!

IF YOU VOTE, PLEASE POST WHY YOU PICKED THAT SERVER SO I KNOW WHY EXACTLY, THANK YOU
    They are both the same Clock speed, however the opteron has double the cache and will perform better in most tasks. Also there is a good chance the opteron is on a dual cpu board, so down the road you can upgrade to 2x 275 and get double the cpu power. If you need the disk space then go with the x2, however if you don't, and want the extra speed go with the opteron.

Dan
    Daniel Pautz - WebNX, Inc. dan >< WebNX.com
    WebNX.com Enterprise Hosting Solutions Los Angeles and Manhattan NewYork based Servers
    High end Dedicated Servers at reasonable prices and a Premium network with 9x providers route optimized with the Noction IRP