iPower site builder problems

Hello All,

I'm new here and have been lurking for a couple of days. You all seem so knowledgeable and I am hoping you can guide me in the right direction.

As an absolute newbie, I recently purchased a website from iPower and am having a doozy of a time personalizing it. I find that the tutorials are either too basic or too advanced and seem to assume that a reader understands things like HTML, PHP, etc. I've searched for help on the web and browsed through a few books at my local bookstores only to discover the same thing. I need the nursery school version of web designing if such a thing exists. lol

One of my immediate problems is that, yesterday, I was able to design and edit my pages in a box very similar to the one I'm typing in now. All I had to do was enter my text and then work with buttons and pull-down menus for things like font color and size. Today, however, I logged into vDeck and my only option on editing pages is with HTML! What happened to my easy to use box????!!!!

I also downloaded PHP-Nuke, but am not sure how to use it. I get that I have to copy and paste the html code somewhere on my page, but I'm not sure where to place it. Any suggestions?

I'll have more questions, I'm sure, but if anyone can help me with just these basics, I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Just thought of another question. Am I able to use something other than the templates offered on iPower or can I edit the template picture featured? The one that I'm using now is okay, but it doesn't really capture the image I'd like to portray on the site. Am I stuck with what I have or is there another way? Thanks!

It sounds to me like these are questions that should be asked of iPowerweb, not because people would be unwilling to help you, but because most people within this particular forum don't use site-building software. We could answer specific questions about why a piece of code is acting up or the proper method to do something on the screen, but you'll probably get a quicker answer on how to use iPowerweb's tools by asking their own technical support people.

Just a thought - perhaps someone with prior experience using their tools will come across this and be able to help. Would you like me to change the title of your thread to be a little more descriptive of the problem, perhaps change it to "iPower site builder problems" or something like that?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Yes, please do change the title and thank you!

I emailed iPower's support, but they didn't really address the question in their reply. I doubt it was even read. I'm going to call them today. When I do (if I do?) fix the problem, I'll come back and post it just in case it ever happens to anyone else. I don't know enough to contribute too much here, but I can at least do that. lol

Thanks, again!

Okay, I spoke to iPower's support and the problem is fixed. When they first logged on to my site, they saw the same thing (all html and no buttons). Then the support guy (Dan) did something on his end and he could see buttons, but I still couldn't. We thought perhaps it was my browser (IE 5.5), so I switched computers and opened it in Firefox and suddenly had buttons again. We're not certain it was a browser issue, however, because yesterday I couldn't open it in a higher version of IE on my other computer either, but today it works in IE on that computer too. Dan said it most likely wasn't my browser, but that my preferences for html had been changed on vDeck, but yesterday I'd changed them back and forth a few times to no avail, so I'm not entirely sure about that.

Anyway, all that to say that if anyone else has this problem, try opening it in a different or more up to date browser and see if that helps. If not, make sure to check your preferences for your html settings. And, if that doesn't work, call iPower. I got through in less than 2 mins. and it took about 5 mins. to fix.

Thanks!

I changed your thread title, but it looks like the problem's fixed already. Glad it worked out for you
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design