Plesk Shared Hosting

Can some one tell me the advantages of PLESK Shared hosting over ordinary shared hosting?

None, cPanel is the best and only good hosting in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by buyculla
    Can some one tell me the advantages of PLESK Shared hosting over ordinary shared hosting?

Quote Originally Posted by buyculla

Plesk is simply the control panel. You have a choice of several different control panels offered by various hosts.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Plesk is a great control panel. It's easy to use, there are many options, including managing your DNS, and lots of other things.

I would highly recommend it over any other control panel
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    Plesk is a great control panel. It's easy to use, there are many options, including managing your DNS, and lots of other things.

I would highly recommend it over any other control panel
    It's great - just not very portable - great if you're planning to stay at the existing host for a very long time.

You'll find that most hosts out there are cPanel based - thus your Plesk backups won't be compatible with them. But then again, you could always restore by manually uploading everything.

There are many hosts that use Plesk. I've used both and won't use cpanel ever again. it's far too insecure. All the nifty toys that cpanel has come at a price and that's security. But I can see where people would like it.

Since the OP was asking about Plesk my guess is that's what he wants.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

I'd have to say that PLESK is very easy to use. Lots of options, and with the right host, it can be a great system. Usually when somebody dislikes a certain control panel, their nad experience was actually the fault of a poor host.

I'd have to say PLESK is the best Windows server control panel. For Linux, cpanel is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dg0896
    That's stupid.

What I'd like to say is that there is no "ordinary" hosting, and there are lots of different control panels, cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin, etc.

Plesk is gaining popularity, is easy to use, but still has a lot of advanced controls. Plesk will probably end up having the majority share of licenses on consumers' servers, but for the moment cPanel is leading.

I, personally would go for cPanel because I'm used to it, but a lot of friends of mine think Plesk is the new "thang".

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. It's apparent that you have no idea about the hosting industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearifyHosting
    You'll find that most hosts out there are cPanel based - thus your Plesk backups won't be compatible with them. But then again, you could always restore by manually uploading everything.
    Not necessarily, it all depends how the host does backups.

Overall, Plesk is much more secure than cPanel. No matter what control panel you use though, it's the host that will make it or break it.

Plesk if you're a newbie, because I think it's a lot easier to understand compared to cPanel, but in terms of functionality - cPanel, IMO it has more features compared to Plesk.
    But then again, Plesk has some features cPanel does not, and the other way around.

It all comes down to personal choice.

My choice is cPanel, because I have used it a lot more than Plesk, but I think Plesk is easier to navigate, and features are easier to understand - coming from a newbie's point of view compared to cPanel.
    Recommended: Stablehost, Hivelocity, Fused

Wow what a rash and stupid statement.

Plesk is much more secure and stable then cpanel while offering an abundance of features. If you need a host that offer plesk check out www.precisioneffect.com