Xeon 3000, 5000, 7000, etc

I am confused ... What are these Xeons 3000, 5000, 7000 series? I know the Demsey (50xx) and Woodcrest (51xx). How about the 3xxx and 7xxx series? Can somebody enlighten me?

How is Conroe 2 compares to Xeon 3xxx series? Is there any such benchmark?
    Last edited by writespeak; 11-04-2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: To subscribe to this thread
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

3000 is basically like the 1x opterons / core2's rebadged as single cpu xeons, 7000's are quad cpus (16 cores with the new quad core)
    Daniel Pautz - WebNX, Inc. dan >< WebNX.com
    WebNX.com Enterprise Hosting Solutions – Los Angeles and Manhattan NewYork based Servers
    High end Dedicated Servers at reasonable prices and a Premium network with 9x providers route optimized with the Noction IRP

Not quite sure I understand you. The Woodcrest (51xx) is also based on core2 and is a single CPU xeon (With dual core) Also, in a few months, Intel will release quad-core Woodcrest. Will this be the new 7000 series? Or will it still be the 51xx series (but quad core)?

So I search more into this, and Xeon 3xxx is basically just Conroe.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

Moved to Dedicated Server Forum.

Lois
    Do you have a WHT question or concern? Please open a helpdesk ticket.

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

3xxx is the same as the Core 2 Duo. You pay a premium because it says Xeon, but there's absolutely no difference otherwise.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting