Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Experiences with VPSByte

Hi WHT community,

I was once a voluntary staff at VPSByte when they were using VMWare as their software. I was unwanted due to their change of software to OpenVZ.

Here is the story, before I was unwanted, 2 days ago, I referred my friend over to purchase a VPS. He paid me so I can direct the money to Camron (boss of VPSByte/SelectByte). I paid him $20 for a VPS and all was fine and stuff.

After the change to OpenVZ using HyperVM, he started making excuses that HyperVM was taking so long to give them more VPS licenses to create VPS'es. That was about 2-3 days, I don't remember... but now, the VPS is indeed "up". The Directadmin was never installed. Camron said that they have "technical difficulties" with DA and so my friend and I were patient for the arrival of our DA license. Well.. guess what? It's been over a week and we have still yet have a word on anything.

Even though my friend is still patiently waiting, I decided that it would benefit us both if I just did a chargeback since the owner refused to reply to us. Comes to show that you should never trust a young company before at least researching... I thought I was safe because I worked there but once I got kicked out, it was a different story.

And to anyone that is reading this, no, I am not posting here because I got fired, I had nothing to loose since it was voluntary. I have all logs to prove it.

I'll update you guys on this issue.

Thanks,
    -OY-
      0 Not allowed!

Regarding a DA license it should take no more than 24 hours.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello, please take a look at our tos, we provide directadmin licensing only.

As for the vps, it has been running ever since, and we emailed your client directly as you were reselling to him, and provided support to end user, which we don't usually. The directadmin license is active and you were provided client id and license id.

You were not kicked out, but as you were not helping us and using our servers free for personal uses, this is why you are no longer an VPSByte Employee.

If you have further questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
    » VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services
      0 Not allowed!

You said you sent multi emails to contact my friend right?

He never got anything so I still think you guys are scammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

Yeah he never gave me anything... chargeback for sure, thanks!
    Wait... hold on, if I wasn't kicked out, how am I not a employee. I guess I still am! What do you mean I wasn't helping you guys..I helped make VPSByte what it is now, I helped you guys make images and helped your clients with support, referred people for return for a free VPS which wasn't even working? Now that's called abusing your staff. Let me ask you something, I started VPSByte with you, if it wasn't me that came up with the idea with VPS'es and helped you make that reality, VPSByte wouldn't be VPSByte... and even if it's still alive now, your business practices are just..bad.

Once I get my refund, I'll leave this issue aside.

Further questions, no, further actions, yes.

Feel free to unblock me or reply to my emails.

Thanks,
    Otto
    Last edited by -OY-; 11-04-2006 at 12:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

I'm the Colin Otto's talking about.

I originally got the VPS from Otto, and it was set up with no problems. A few days later, I was emailed by Otto saying that the owner of VPSByte was updating something, so my VPS would be unavailable. Otto also told me that he was no longer part of the company, but I should be expecting my VPS back in a day or two.

Over a week later, I have not heard anything from the owner, nor have I recieved a refund.

I expect a refund within this week.

Colin
      0 Not allowed!

Hello OY,

As you were not helping vpsbyte, and getting a free vps from us, you were then removed from our staff. You did not start the company, nor have any partnership with it, there is no reason for you to be bashing us.

Colin,

The email was indeed sent regarding your VPS on 10/31/2006 at 4:00PM regarding your vps. This is no scam, as you have been provided the VPS & License. This thread shall go no further has you have been provided exactly what purchased.

If any chargeback is to be made, your VPS will be taken offline. If you have further questions (Colin), please contact support[at]vpsbyte[dot]com.

Thanks again,
    » HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services
      0 Not allowed!

It does not matter now, we have not recieve any emails nor have you replied to our tickets either.

We would want a refund and would continue with our chargeback.

Edit: Removing means kicking us out which proves my point and attacks your own reply above. I helped you start up the company, there wouldn't be VPSByte. And also, it does not matter now.

We want a refund like your front page says or I'll continue with my chargeback. Simply as that. Your choice. Either way, we will get our money back.
    Last edited by -OY-; 11-04-2006 at 07:37 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hello,

We currently have 0 tickets or email from you or Colin.

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

OY,

You never had any partnership with VPSByte, you were a server tech in exchange for a vps; every time we asked for you to help out on something, you would ignore our request. You were then removed from staff. VPSByte was started before it was even to your knowledge, taking part in a business in exchange for a VPS has nothing to do with "starting the company".

We obviously know why this thread is here, it was not to our benifit to have you staff, as the VPS is in the clients hands, and support is dealt ticket base only, there has been no tickets or emails.

The VPS is not under your name, nor have you requested any support via our support options, this thread remains pointless.

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

So you are saying, it is not under my name so I can't get support from it? I paid for it so I have the right to recieve a refund. Since you are not even going on topic about the chargeback or refund, I suggest you wait for Paypal to suspend your account since I know several people that have done a chargeback on you.

Sent another email and don't think you can ignore this one.
    Last edited by -OY-; 11-05-2006 at 01:37 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Comes to show that you should never trust a young company before at least researching... I thought I was safe because I worked there but once I got kicked out, it was a different story.
    Can you please provide documentation you helped start this company. If you cannot you have no leg to stand on here.

And if you really did help start this company I would think you would not be asking for a simple refund. Whats that like maybe fifty bucks?
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population
      0 Not allowed!

I can not provide documentation, sorry, I believe MSN Plus erased August's logs. You can choose not to believe me but all I am saying is that I was the one who helped him with VPS'es for free and I suggested him to start a company and "we" can succeed. Since I don't have the financial base to do so, I offered to start the technical base and he will start on the financial side of the business. I taught him everything in VMWare so that we can manage the VPS'es with ease. After him learning how to operate it, he started saying that I was abusing him and he was going to stand up for himself and would kick me out. Since I didn't put in any of the money, I didn't expect any money back in return. All I had was a single VPS which he said that I abuse my powers and that's where we stand now. It's not me that want a simple refund, it's my friend whom is Camron's client. It's only $20 but it isn't all for the money, it is how the company deals with these things.

I don't care about the company anymore due to him changing passwords on me so I couldn't get access, not even my VPS. He didn't even want to talk to me on this issue and just ignored whenever I asked. That's when I knew he was just betraying me and kicking me out after getting customers that were referred by me and 2 of them were stuck in this dilemma. One, I believe he never signed up due to Camron ignoring him.

I refunded $20 with my own money and since I paid Camron myself, I wish to get a refund since we still do not have the access to the VPS after 2 weeks and he said that he have sent us emails and neither of us recieved any.

He also blocked me via MSN and with another account, I can see him online. He is clearly ignoring us and believes he can get away from it.

I have my own company and I do not believe that I need to lie about this.

Edit: Just noticed you live in Kelowna, I live in Vancouver. Pretty nice city Kelowna is!

And also, what do you mean I can't stand here? This is a thread about them not refunding, and not me helping him start the company. That was just a side story to why Colin is stuck with this person. I would like my money back and I would not complain. If I were here to complain about the company, I would of posted about this 2-3 weeks when I was fired.

Thanks,
    Otto
    Last edited by -OY-; 11-05-2006 at 01:57 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

I believe there is enough evidence about his background... And also, I know about one person whom also have chargedback due to several issues about his server. I'll tell him to post about his experience once I find a way to contact him.

http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and...ght=selectbyte

(3:14 PM) Camron: i cant believe bonzer and ags did this
    (3:14 PM) Camron: they did charge back after i paid $190 for to fix there server AND $45 for the cpanel liscense
    (3:14 PM) Camron: ...
    (3:17 PM) -OY-: ok
    ------------CUTTED USELESS STUFF------------
    (3:20 PM) Camron: ok
    (3:20 PM) Camron: yeah i know we need more ram
    (3:20 PM) Camron: tonight
    (3:20 PM) Camron: after dinner
    (3:20 PM) Camron: my dad said were gonna get more
    (3:20 PM) Camron: and
    (3:20 PM) Camron: my dad just gave me $500
    (3:20 PM) Camron: so i can pay all these idiot ags and bonzer
    (3:20 PM) Camron: morons...
      0 Not allowed!

I am the guy Otto mentioned see: webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=4196023#post4196023
    Last edited by dg0896; 11-05-2006 at 02:46 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Finally managed to contact Dan because he deleted me off his MSN list! I have much more information about Camron. More msgplus logs to come! Found them in my My Chat Logs folder. =)
      0 Not allowed!

Hi OY

None of my business here mind you but I'm compelled to advance a small comment on what's going on here if I may.

Just stop for a minute and have a think about what is happening here. Nothing, and I really mean nothing, can be achieved from this sort of stuff. You may have a legitimate argument but you have only shown yourself to be a person who seeks to publicly harm SelectByte.

Being correct is no defence against a defamation suit. If you have gone out of your way to cause public embarrassment through publicly humiliating someone, then you had better be very careful. Yes, you may be 100% correct but you have lost any high ground advantage you would have had by doing what you are doing.

You both clearly have the intelligence to come to an agreement to resolve the matter. But do either of you have courage to?

I hope the next post I read in this thread is about how the matter has been resolved.

Sorry, for advancing my opinion here, none of my business really. There is already too much rottenness in the world today which really saddens me. We are all capable of climbing above it, when we really want to.

Cheers

Jumbuck
      0 Not allowed!

SelectByte, I never recieved that email.. can you send it again but to colin.palmer.8 [replace_with_at_sign] gmail.com
      0 Not allowed!

Hello Colin,

The email is on it's way.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Sent at 1:44 AM PST.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

As Colin replied, we do not want the VPS anymore after 2 weeks. We will issue a chargeback and you can delete the VPS due to you not cooperating with us with a refund.
      0 Not allowed!

I have had issues with SelectByte and -OY- was the guy that finally got our server online after 3 days.... Because Camron AKA SelectByte would not provide a good working server.... Camron AKA SelectByte also as accused me of being a scammer to paypal which is laughable.....

SEE
    http://www.namepros.com/warnings-and...tbyte-com.html
      0 Not allowed!

OY,

First you make a huge deal about getting the VPS up (after it was already up), and now you are saying you don't want it. What is going on here?

Bonzer,
    As we had already came to a solution that your server did not have enough ram, which kept causing it to crash. OY did and does not have any access to administration to our colocation center, nor does he have access to our customer support for the datacenter, I do not see how you can say "He finally got our server online after 3 days".

I believe you guys should stop bashing and stop jumping around hosts, using for 3 weeks, and issueing claim/chargeback.

We have provided service to both users above, on time, and properly. Bonzer, after you switched to a different provider, your server did not go down for 3 days. Interesting? It is because you did not have any stress on the server, as you were getting NUMEROUS inbound ddos attacks to your server which caused it to go down. It was also an unmanaged server which we numerously supported over weekends and non business hours.

OY, you are not staff or partner with vpsbyte or selectbyte. You never started the company, nor has it ever been in your name. You had no part in any of this. Claiming you own a company when you did some work for an exchange for a VPS does not qualify as starting a company.

As I have said, further questions can be directed to the support center, however bashing us and bashing us when full service was given, is very immoral.

Thank you,
      0 Not allowed!

I have stopped talking about me being in your company. First of all, you have given us the details after 2 weeks. That's clearly unacceptable. We want a refund but you won't give it to us so all we can do is a chargeback.

If you would of just honored the money back guaranteed, none of this would happen. You clearly are trying to decieve us by taking off the guaranteed.
      0 Not allowed!

Otto,

The info was not given too you, as repeatedly said. The info was emailed to Colin at the default signup email which was not the same as the one which he requested be sent above.

It is not my fault you guys put the wrong email for signup. The info was sent to the email of which you guys signed up with.

Thanks,
      0 Not allowed!

You were ignoring our messages for more than 2 weeks requesting it to be resent for the past 2 weeks. As I said, that is clearly unacceptable.

This post will serve its purpose when we get our money back.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast