Thread: FTP Redirect?

Question FTP Redirect?

I am looking for free, or cheap FTP redirect services for my game servers. The webhost I have now does not allow this and I need something.

Please Help
    Thanks

What do you mean ftp redirect? As in a site redirect? like someone goes to www.somedomain1.com and then is redirected to www.somesitedomain2.com ?

I mean for a game server. For custom content like maps and modifications that others need to download in order to play. They could download from the game server itself, but it only goes about 12KB/s and puts more strain on the server. I need a FTP that the game server can redirect people to download the content quickly.

Perhpas then you may want to invest in a good shared hosting plan.

Are you sure they use FTP and not HTTP? I know CS:S uses HTTP to fetch bzip'd maps/sounds/logos/etc. if you configure it in the server.cfg. It seems like if you really needed a FTP, it'd have to be an anonymous server and you'd either need a non-default FTP port or a dedicated IP address. I can't imagine a game server using FTP instead of HTTP. There are also lots of file-hosting services out there where you can upload your .bz'd maps and such.
    Matt Bloom
    AngryHosting - Load balanced/redundant shared hosting solutions

It uses HTTP...
    I mean an FTP as in a way of me uploading it to the host. The game uses http to download. I used to use zFTP, but I dont want to spend any more money on server stuff.
    Basicly I need a free host that allows this and has decent space and bandwidth.

Anyone know a place?