Resellerzoom vs Goscomb

Hi everybody. I'm looking for a small reseller plan and my eyes went imediatly at resellerzoom budget plan 1 , with 5$ per month.

Recently i found Goscomb. The main reason that i put this compare here, is that i'm in Greece, and my sites will have faster access from a datacenter on Europe.
    A ping tell us more. when resellerzoom has 180ms and Goscomb has 90ms.

So i ask you what is your experience with Goscomb and what do you advise me to do? The 1st reseller plan of Goscomb is a little more xpensive ( about 104 euros/year ) but gives double bandwidth than resellerzoom.
    Goscomb also uses DirectAdmin insteed of cPanel.

From a little research on the forum i found good reviews for goscomb , as good for resellerzoom, so that's why i am confused.
    Thanks in advance

Regards from Greece.

DirectAdmin is much more stable than cPanel, go for Goscomb...
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thanks layer0 . I check the site and the demo there and it seems like a friendly enviroment.
    Other comments about Goscomb ?

Quote Originally Posted by Klesident
    Thanks layer0 . I check the site and the demo there and it seems like a friendly enviroment.
    Other comments about Goscomb ?
    Haven't really heard of them, but obviously that is no indication on how good they are. If you have seen good reviews about them, and you like what they offer, then I guess it's time you shoot some presales questions to them and test out the different departments. That way you can get a feel of the company, the staff and support etc.

Good luck
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Yes. I did that and both companys seems to have very good & quick support.
    Every email was answered in 30 minutes - an hour max.

I think i'm going to sing up for Goscomb. It's for the Uk datacenter mostly.
    Hope everything goes well.
    If someone has something to say, say it now before it's too late :p

I'd stick with resellerzoom, good old CPanel.

The engine, DirectAdmin is just fine too, from the demo i checked yesterday.
    After all, i am not going to use the account like a real reseller company, but i am going to put my sites in it.

my vote for RZ

I personally prefer DA over Cpanel. I like it simple. Also Layer0 made some valid points.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

thanks for your answers. Remember, we're comparing 1st reseller plan of Rz and Goscomb.

never heard of goscomb.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Godown
    never heard of goscomb.
    I guess that could be bad.. or good. Bad because you would have heard it if it was a strong company, good because you didn't heard any bad insident about it.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    DirectAdmin is much more stable than cPanel...

Is that a joke?

Did any one noticed the goscomb prices:
    # Backup Space
    Automate your backups to our backup servers over FTP.
    From 0.75 per GB per month
    # Extra Disk Space
    From 0.50 per GB per month
    # Extra Bandwidth
    From 0.75 per GB per month
    # Client Exec
    Licenses for this powerful billing platform for 8.99 per month.
    expensive & all of them published without VAT... My vote for resellerzoom.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Finally i went with Goscomb.
    Expensive? I paid 99 euros for 1 year for a plan of
    4gb space and 60gb bandwidth.
    Remember that we're speaking about Uk host, so it's reasonable to be more expensive than a US host.
    But comparing to UK hosts , Goscomb is very affordable.

It's double priced than resellerzoom, but more speed for me and my clients because we are from Europe
    The support is great. The responses to my emails are more than fast and effective.
    I hope they keep it that way all year

Thank you all for your help.

From my little experience , i recommend Goscomb for people from Europe.

Finally i went with Goscomb.
    Expensive? I paid 99 euros for 1 year for a plan of
    4gb space and 60gb bandwidth.
    Remember that we're speaking about Uk host, so it's reasonable to be more expensive than a US host.
    But comparing to UK hosts , Goscomb is very affordable.

It's double priced than resellerzoom, but more speed for me and my clients because we are from Europe
    The support is great. The responses to my emails are more than fast and effective.
    I hope they keep it that way all year

Thank you all for your help.

From my little experience , i recommend Goscomb for people from Europe.
    Poor dude..
    If you'd have been looking at ResellerZoom a little more carefully, you'd know they have UK Hosting based in the UK:

http://uk.resellerzoom.com/

Also, ResellerZoom's Budget plans are made for WEBMASTERS.. Not reselling..

Of course, if you look at the penny, you'll find green spots.. If you look at a quarter, you'll find a shiny finish..

But to each their own. I still think you made a bad choice, as you can't even see they're overselling their services if you got all that for 99 euros a year..

If you are seriously considering either, out of personal preference and knowledge of the company resellerzoom would probably be the best bet, else why not look at elitehosts.

Hope that Helps
    redihot.com | low cost quality hosting
    Looking for a web hosting solution? Gain complete satisfaction today.
    With our 99.95% Uptime Guarantee, 24/7 Monitoring, Friendly Support, Cpanel/Fantastico, Domains and much more, why wait?

Quote Originally Posted by redihot.com
    If you are seriously considering either, out of personal preference and knowledge of the company resellerzoom would probably be the best bet, else why not look at elitehosts.

Hope that Helps
    Apparently, he already picked Goscomb..

I 've been with Goscomb since February and i wouldn't change them.

Great support, no downtime, fast network and happy to help me anytime i ask them to do something for me.

I am hosting a large number of sites with them and never had any problems at all. Highly recomended to anyone looking for servers located in Europe.

one of my sites hosted there is www.thebestmortgagelinks.com

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Poor dude..
    If you'd have been looking at ResellerZoom a little more carefully, you'd know they have UK Hosting based in the UK:

http://uk.resellerzoom.com/

Also, ResellerZoom's Budget plans are made for WEBMASTERS.. Not reselling..

Of course, if you look at the penny, you'll find green spots.. If you look at a quarter, you'll find a shiny finish..

But to each their own. I still think you made a bad choice, as you can't even see they're overselling their services if you got all that for 99 euros a year..
    Yes, finally i went with Goscomb.

Dear CEngine,
    I knew that RZ has UK based Hosting, but only at their advanced plans.
    I have a very spesific budget and that's why i didn't consider the uk based hosting plans of RZ.
    I admit that if i had that kind of budget i would sing up with RZ for sure, because of their very good reputation.
    I hope that explains to you, better my choice.

Now, i don't really know if they oversell their services , but it seems to me from my experience with them until now, that they can handle well their services.
    No downtime, no latency, very willing and effective support. Very economic.
    What else should someone request for that money ( 100 euros/year) ?
    I know that i can't host 1300 sites with them, but i know that i can host my sites with security , responsibillity and ..speed ( that's important to me ).

So i wouldn't change them either. But, that's my opinion now.
    I really hope they keep their excellent services for a long time, but you never know.. Right ?

Sorry, would you care to say why you think we're overselling services? We do not run on dedicated servers, we own all our hardware and run our own network (AS39326 if you'd care to look). We are a wholly owned and profitable company, our margins are NOT based on overselling nor shoving as many clients as possible on a 10Mbps unmetered dedicated server.

Thank you Klesident and Nik for your kind words.
    Goscomb Technologies Limited - www.goscomb.net / AS39326
    E: [email protected] P: +44 (0) 203 129 4400 F: +44 (0) 203 129 4410
    IP Transit :: Colocation :: Dedicated Servers :: Leased Lines :: DSL
    Registered in England and Wales No. 05672987 - VAT Registration No. 853 7954 80

just for a future for people who are searching for goscomb, I've used their services, met one of the owners, seen their equipment - Think i'm in a fairly good position to write a post on this company. The owners are clueful. All in all it seems a pretty steady company. I'd certainly recommend them to people if it weren't for the fact i'm a friendly competitor with them

Apparently, he already picked Goscomb..
    If that is the case, I am sure he had good reason to choose them. To the OP, let us know how you like it in a few months and hope to see a good review!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by goscombtech
    Sorry, would you care to say why you think we're overselling services? We do not run on dedicated servers, we own all our hardware and run our own network (AS39326 if you'd care to look). We are a wholly owned and profitable company, our margins are NOT based on overselling nor shoving as many clients as possible on a 10Mbps unmetered dedicated server.

Thank you Klesident and Nik for your kind words.
    Sorry, I may be in a different position, I just do not see how offering 6GB of file space for roughly $10.50 a month is going to remain a profitable model, unless you're depending on your clients not to use their allotted file space, in order to keep a server active.

But then again, I don't know what hardware you're running with what capacity.

All in all, this isn't my company.. All I can do is wish the best of business.. I was going purely on observation of myself.. Not necessarily a set opinion, as my opinion can change, but just a brief observation.

Hostfrog: I will write a full review when i'll have a full 4-5 months experience with them.

CEngine, my plan has 4gb space, not 6! Normally had 2, but this month Goscomb is running a new offer about double disc size at every reseller's plan.
    And the money was more, but they offer a discount coupon somewhere in this forum, so that's how i came up with this space and that money

Hostfrog: I will write a full review when i'll have a full 4-5 months experience with them.

CEngine, my plan has 4gb space, not 6! Normally had 2, but this month Goscomb is running a new offer about double disc size at every reseller's plan.
    And the money was more, but they offer a discount coupon somewhere in this forum, so that's how i came up with this space and that money
    Whoops, my bad. How in the heck did I confuse that.

Sounds good, I hope that it all works out for your benefit!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I have been with Goscomb for the last 3 months. Their service and support has been by far the best i have used and i have used quite a few hosts in my time.

I think the longest i have has to wait for a response from support is 10min.

There is no way their servers are oversold as i always get lighting speeds to my site.

My main site with them is www.ragit.com