Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Dedicated Server that offers cPanel?

I've searched a lot for various companies trying to figure out who the best host is for Dedicated servers, but I'm still not sure.

I'll be hosting tons of mini sites and some vBulletin forums but what I really want is a top level host.

Are there any universally recognized hosting companies that everyone agrees are good? I'm basically just trying to narrow my search as I've had some difficulty finding a good one.

Lemme know

RackSpace of course! Not very cost effective, but wow! Their service has always been just amazing. They offer managed dedicated hosting: http://rackspace.com

If you need un-managed, Ev1 seems to be really good to me: http://ev1servers.net
    Mark A. Mutti, Los Angeles
    mark.mutti@phirefast.com / (818) 358-1161
    PhireFast: Drama-free Hosting, Awesome Support (Since 2004)

softlayer is coming on strong!

Rackspace don't offer cPanel, but you could buy your own license. EV1 are good if you want a low cost server that performs well. They had cPanel available as an extra last time I checked. Both are in the US (although RS have a UK division) and are worth looking at in my opinion if you want a managed solution (from RS) or unmanaged (from EV1).

Rackspace doesn't offer enough bandwidth (only 150 GB???).

Ev1 doesn't provide cPanel in any of their servers until you get up to about $500 a month...

Any others?

MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Beware of EV1servers.net

I recently had a horrible experience with EV1servers, and I would recommend that NOBODY use them, unless you want horrible service and support.

Our server was crashing several times a day and the mail server (Exim) was not functioning at all. They tried to tell me it was because Exim was receiving too many connections and causing the server to crash. This was not the case at all.

It took them just over two days to realize that the IDE cable in the box was bad and had consequently caused file system errors and hard drive corruption. After three days of my server and all of my clients' sites and email being down, they finally installed a new drive with a new install of cPanel, but of course they did not help to restore any of my web accounts or data that was on the old drive.

EV1 has no communication between the phone support people and their datacenter technicians. In fact, if you ask to speak with someone in the datacenter, they won't let you! It's their policy to never transfer anybody to a person located in the datacenter, and I was told this by three different representatives.

EV1 has customer support representatives that don't care about your situation, and inexperienced technicians in the datacenter that can not correctly diagnose problems. Their response to support tickets can also vary anywhere between 2 hours and 24 hours. There is no guarantee on response time.

You may try LT through Server4Sale. I personally think, they are quite good.
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Darklegi0n
    I have a dedicated server on Crunya Networks and I'm very happy with them, I have an unmetered 100mbits p4 for less than 100$.
    When I need to talk to them I send an email and they reply in 15 minutes, also y can talk with their admins, and support via phone or chat I think theyre are a good choice
    What is a domain you have with this host?
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Never knew cartika was Toronto based Hi.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Quote Originally Posted by kship
    softlayer is coming on strong!
    I would proudly recommend softlayer to anyone looking to get into dedicated servers. Very good company!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by kiplarson
    I've searched a lot for various companies trying to figure out who the best host is for Dedicated servers, but I'm still not sure.

I'll be hosting tons of mini sites and some vBulletin forums but what I really want is a top level host.

Are there any universally recognized hosting companies that everyone agrees are good? I'm basically just trying to narrow my search as I've had some difficulty finding a good one.

Lemme know
    IMO www.theplanet.com

been with them for over 2 years, very solid!

I like softlayer.com

Best Dedicated Servers offer cPanel. :-)

SoftLayer, cant beat them :-)

I am going to throw Fast Servers and The Planet as ones that we have always had a good experience with. They are both quick and responsive. We also spend a TON of money with their companies each month, so we have a good idea of what they offer.

I'll echo Prince's opinion on The Planet. Top knotch stuff goin on there.
    Rick
    http://www.mscomptech.com great prices - unmetered bandwidth

Managed? Dedicated? No headaches? = axishost.com

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    What is a domain you have with this host?
    Is a file storage server with no domain, ip: 1382516389

Softlayer appears to be a good option right now, they are growing fast...
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Softlayer appears to be a good option right!!!

www.liquidweb.com , I've been with them for about 2 years and I'd give them a 9 out of 10 (and I'm rather picky in rating).

i will recommend dedicatedplace.com for managed servers...

I've had my share of time spent with many of the mentioned...

SoftLayer.. a way to go yet..
    EV1... no thank you
    The Planet (now teamed with EV1).. Not if they paid me... they are horrible
    Rackspace... Execellent response time with support but you need support too much.. bad sign

Quote Originally Posted by khanbaba
    i will recommend dedicatedplace.com for managed servers...

Hi,

Thanks for your recommendation.

Best Regards,
    Charles
    DedicatedPlace.com - The Only Place to be...
    Sales@DedicatedPlace.com * Affordable, No Setup Fee, Fully Managed Dedicated Servers with Daily Remote Backup. External Server Management & Monitoring also available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast