ServerSupportGuys - 1 Month Review

Wow what can i say..they saved me from a nightmare of a situation!!!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=551788

PSM screwed me over like non other, i had 1tb of overage bw and had no idea what to do
    That was when Aaron and Lyron from ServerSupportGuys read the thread and first gave me a ton of advice on what to do, then i hired them to look after my server

As a 911 emergency action they tracked down where and how the bandwidth was leeking or being leeched from my server stopped it within minutes and made sure it would never happen again, installed mods and also corrected some bw limite and httpd requests mod that PSM installed,
    right after that Lyron got the server hardened and ready to go, also a kernel upgrade was done till now i have submitted little over 16 tickets in 1 month and had almost no problems except a backup restores and server moves.
    Lyron also cleared out all logs that made the server overload at times...and i never even knew that those logs were the main reason why i had so much load...PSM never researched my matter...
    Lyron is also working on a bandwidth monitoring script that notifies whenever there are spikes in the usage!!!
    Im so looking forward to that.

These guys can do almost anything!
    Lyron is also helping me making a server cluster, i havent ever done it and he is being very helpful...it is soo good!

These guys do much more then just support!!!

VERY much recommended
      0 Not allowed!

Awesome to hear everything is resolved! After reading those posts (5 pages), I still don't understand where you made your mistake. All in all, I don't think you did anything wrong. Anyhow, good luck!
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services
      0 Not allowed!

Excellent to hear that you have gotten your server back on track. I like it when companies actually go that extra mile for their clients, researching better ways to handle your performance. What plan are you on? Monthly or pay per instance?

I might be looking into SSG down the road.

0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the review. Am currently considering switching server admin companies. Have just about had it with the one I'm currently using. Will write a review about them here after I switch.

I'm looking for one that offers true 24/7 support. A lot of them say they do but don't really.

According to the ServerSupportGuys website, they say they guarantee a 5 minute response. That's great but what's their actual resolution time? How soon do they actually start working on the problem and fix it? One of the companies I've used in the past advertised a 2.5 guaranteed response time and the response was simply, "we're looking into it" and then they took 6 to 12 hours or longer to actually look into the issue. I felt their advertising was really misleading.

How fast are ServerSupportGuys when it comes to actually resolving things? How fast is their night support?

Thanks for sharing your experience.
    Last edited by saturn7; 11-04-2006 at 10:25 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CX.Eric

PSM screwed me over like non other, i had 1tb of overage bw and had no idea what to do
    That was when Aaron and Lyron from ServerSupportGuys read the thread and first gave me a ton of advice on what to do, then i hired them to look after my server

As a 911 emergency action they tracked down where and how the bandwidth was leeking or being leeched from my server stopped it within minutes and made sure it would never happen again, installed mods and also corrected some bw limite and httpd requests mod that PSM installed,
    right after that Lyron got the server hardened and ready to go, also a kernel upgrade was done till now i have submitted little over 16 tickets in 1 month and had almost no problems except a backup restores and server moves.
    Lyron also cleared out all logs that made the server overload at times...and i never even knew that those logs were the main reason why i had so much load...PSM never researched my matter...
    Lyron is also working on a bandwidth monitoring script that notifies whenever there are spikes in the usage!!!

Lyron is also helping me making a server cluster, i havent ever done it and he is being very helpful...it is soo good!

VERY much recommended
    Good to know you got the right tech support.

I got rid of PSM as well recently coz i found them busy enough to not to take a serious look at my server. I can understand with so many customers they are not able to concentrate on their job

Thanks for sharing your views
      0 Not allowed!

serversupportguys Sales is quite gr8 but my experiance for Server managment is quite horriable i will write my reveiw very soon
    PSM and Server4sale is Gr8 for server managment but they serversupportguys ....................... Avoid All Cost
    404_Error, Signature Not Found
      0 Not allowed!

once i determine how these companies are profitable, i may start one and do everything by myself...
      0 Not allowed!

I agree, they are very good.
      0 Not allowed!

I had a very bad experience with serversupport guys. I had tons of tickets opened, which never got resolved, I hired them for 2 servers, and I really never had any resolution. I have logs of all the tickets, if you guys are interested in seeing how they handle the tickets. Also they agreed to refund my money, which it has been only 1 week, and I still have not received a refund. When I enter into their live support and they find out it is me asking for the status of the refund, they just log off of chat.

I really would just like the refund and put this behind me. But it is incredible how they are handling the situation.

I will keep you guys updated in regards to the refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Scammer..

Would everyone be interested in hearing all of the things that really happened? I'll be happy to show you logs of all conversations, many of which he was praising our services.

If you're in the mood for a detailed account of SSG's experience with this person, just let us know and we'll give you it.

Thanks.
    ** ByteFortress Technologies ** - Instant Setup Remote Backup Solutions
    ===== Encrypted Remote Backup Solutions with Instant Setup =====
    ** TheByteShack.com - Shared Hosting ** - 'Gimmick-less' High Performance Webhosting Solutions.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CX.Eric

VERY much recommended
    Which plan are you on with SSG?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I have to agree that Lyron is great at what he does!
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down

I was with them... and they are not too good... they do some jobs yes, but they frequently drop the ball, so they put your ticket on hold... and you reopen it, they put it back on hold with a stupid answer (Kind of "confirm me that's what you want me to do")... and again you reopen it. If they are nice, 2 or 3 weeks after you will get your ticket resolved...

Aaron is a really smart guy by the way, he refund me and he tell me that what happend in my ticket are not suppose too. They was new staff and that's why everything go bad like this... but now they are maybe better...

Anyway, now I'm back with Acunett and they are really good. I will stay with them, they manage 7 servers for me presently and no problem at all with them. I open over 300 tickets!!! Amazing jobs they do for me!

That's it!
      0 Not allowed!

Sounds good! That's great to see that you have found the right company that could deliver you the right service, Thank you for sharing with us your experience.

Cheers,
    Greg Sherman
      0 Not allowed!

Really? That good huh? I used their backup service (Bytefortress.com) and had quite the opposite experience. Live chat techs having me fill out tickets before they'll help then ignoring the tickets, tickets going days unanswered.... finally deciding they weren't for me I canceled them (via ticket, as requested) and they still sent another bill. Need to correct them on that one. Anyway, I'm not saying they aren't good for anyone but for some reason with me they were mediocre at best. Probably too busy helping you out
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not saying that they are good, read again my post...

I'm saying that SSG is bad, and now I'm back with Acunett and they are good.

SSG = BAD
    Acunett = GOOD!

That's it!

0 Not allowed!

I have a backup and hosting with their other companies and have to say Lyron and Aaron were always quick to help me and were always helpful i was having an issue with publishing my site and they were quick to answer my tickets
      0 Not allowed!

Nice to see that SSG have fixed your server problems.
    Outsourced Web Hosting Support

24x7OutsourcedSupport.Com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by suprastan View Post
    I had a very bad experience with serversupport guys. I had tons of tickets opened, which never got resolved, I hired them for 2 servers, and I really never had any resolution. I have logs of all the tickets, if you guys are interested in seeing how they handle the tickets. Also they agreed to refund my money, which it has been only 1 week, and I still have not received a refund. When I enter into their live support and they find out it is me asking for the status of the refund, they just log off of chat.

I really would just like the refund and put this behind me. But it is incredible how they are handling the situation.

I will keep you guys updated in regards to the refund.

I had the same exact problem. I hired them to do a new server setup with one ticket. It was closed saying its done. I go and check on the server. They didn't do squat. I tell them I need to migrate my server over from my old host. 2 weeks go by and they are still "working on it" I cancel and demand a refund. Never got my refund. I have a complaint with Paypal to get it back. Another funny thing... I get an invoice saying my account is over due. I sent there billing department about 5 emails telling them how bad of service they have and to cancel my account. I guess both tech and sales don't listen to a word I say... :-/ Never touching that company again.
      0 Not allowed!

SSG sucks, they think they're all big and awesome because they have a huge chain of screwup companies but they screwed up bigtime.
      0 Not allowed!

I've been with them for a few months now and haven't had any problems at all. There might have been a couple of minor mix ups or something but it was all trivial and fixed right away. All of my priority tickets were answered promptly and everything was fixed. No complaints from me...
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by fluentd View Post
    I had the same exact problem. I hired them to do a new server setup with one ticket. It was closed saying its done. I go and check on the server. They didn't do squat. I tell them I need to migrate my server over from my old host. 2 weeks go by and they are still "working on it" I cancel and demand a refund. Never got my refund. I have a complaint with Paypal to get it back. Another funny thing... I get an invoice saying my account is over due. I sent there billing department about 5 emails telling them how bad of service they have and to cancel my account. I guess both tech and sales don't listen to a word I say... :-/ Never touching that company again.
    I am still getting overdue invoices months after I have canceled my service.
      0 Not allowed!

AVOID ssg, they are not good at all... they don't do the job, they simply play with the ticket status
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs down ServerSupportGuys - not good

I agree as well to stay away from ServerSupportGuys. I was going to write a long review, but they just aren't worth it anymore. I'd be happy to personally tell anyone about my experience, because it was a horrible one.
    Chris M.
    Netarus, LLC
    Creators of SCInterface for Game Servers
    http://games.scinterface.com
      0 Not allowed!

SSG just left my server DOWN for 12 hours, despite their 5 min response SLA
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by himan45 View Post
    Good part: They do fulfil their duty of doing as requiered to be done if some service goes down. But for their monthly fees still aint worth it. Just get someone to be notified when a service goes down, and they'll do the same.
    Not really - they left my production system down for 12 hours now

my good part was, that they helped setup SSH keys... but I'm paying for a 5 minute response to troubles that THEY monitor

A MESS
      0 Not allowed!

The same thing happened to me with ServerSupportGuys. Good concept... poor service.

Chris
      0 Not allowed!

despite the server couldnt even be pinged for 12 hours I got back

"doesn't seem the server had showed as down on the monitoring. Whether to glitch, or the server denying access to our system, I have yet to figure out."

Wonderful ... that was given by SSG as the reason why they didn't react

what a mess
      0 Not allowed!

I used SSG for one month briefly to do a server restore. They were very good. I recommend them highly.
      0 Not allowed!

SSG were helpful with setting up the server, configuring stuff - no problem

but leaving a server down for 12 hours and then telling me they DID NOT NOTICE and a 12 hours unpingabble server might be a "glitch" is NOT ACCEPTABLE

In fact it was ME to find out during the weekend, where I hired THEM (SSG) to make sure I can have weekends again.

sorry - that's not funny, I'm trying to make money with my sites, and did actually LOSE money due to them
      0 Not allowed!

I currently use SSG and I have found them to be both professional and provide real quality service. I find them to be very prompt at answering tickets and they also have the ability to answer my questions, no matter how trivial they are.

They did have some issues with their monitoring system when they upgraded it and I did have a outage then that was missed. However they were prompt to admit their script had a issue and compensated me with a credit. The post above refers to this same issue I believe, and I found that I have a 2nd place monitor my server, as if one fails the other will notify me. I pay very little extra for more monitoring and my clients are worth every cent. Since they got the new monitoring resolved, there has been no further issues. (Even the best DC's have glitches)

I have had other companies management plans in the past, and many I have found are not personable, but just fix the problem, and as a client, I don't learn how to do it myself. With SSG's I find them to actually treat you as a valued customer. Their work is not only done with quality, it is done with the clients best interests in mind.

I would recommend SSG's any day!
    Last edited by jethbrown; 05-21-2007 at 09:22 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

SSG is affiliated with Bytefortress and run apparently, by the same guy, Lyron Foster. If anyone wants proof of what this guy really is and does, PM me and I'll show you some e-mail threads. If you have anything with Bytefortress and still have access, I would recommend backing it up somewhere else ASAP. They lost 75 gigs of my data and then when they couldn't find it, denied I ever had an account even after I showed them my welcome e-mail. And this wasn't isolated to me, I know of five others personally.
      0 Not allowed!

Serversupportguys is very professional IMO. I have a few friends using them and I used to have a VPS under their byteshack brand. Noone I know has had any problems. you guys having problems must be isolated issues.
      0 Not allowed!

do these guys have a link? thanks!
      0 Not allowed!

Rhue, were you talking to me? if so I'm not going to give links to my friends using them, if they want themselves known they'll post themselves.
      0 Not allowed!

lol! im just asking for the serversupportugys website link...
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by capnqwest View Post
    SSG is affiliated with Bytefortress and run apparently, by the same guy, Lyron Foster. If anyone wants proof of what this guy really is and does, PM me and I'll show you some e-mail threads. If you have anything with Bytefortress and still have access, I would recommend backing it up somewhere else ASAP. They lost 75 gigs of my data and then when they couldn't find it, denied I ever had an account even after I showed them my welcome e-mail. And this wasn't isolated to me, I know of five others personally.
    I just wander why if this is the case, you wouldn't take any civil action against them for services not provided but paid for? Just curious on that, I think they are good, but I also have seen issues with other companies on these forums that are suppossed to be "very good at what they do". If someone wronged me that way for a service I paid for, they would be getting served with some legal documents.
      0 Not allowed!