* Blazing, Giga, Huge Upgrade!

Just received an email today from Servage today (no laughing ):

Quote Originally Posted by email from Servage UK
    Hello my name,

http://www.servage.net/

Because you referrer so many of your friends to us our growth has exploded and we wanted to thank you for that! As some of you may already have noticed we have been able to upgrade your package once again - free of charge.

Your account is now featuring 2100 GB total monthly transfer and a blazing 250 GB disk space. The size of the hosting package makes it well suited for almost any purpose!

We made it easier to earn free hosting too!

Small presents make it easier to refer new members - but big gifts are better! Now everyone you referrer (via your coupon code: MyCustomerCode) receives 25 GB extra disk space. You also get 25 GB extra and two free months of hosting for each new referral. It has never been easier to earn free hosting. More details can be found via this link https://secure.servage.net/admin/?me...arnfreehosting.

Thank you for making Servage Hosting one of the fastest growing web hosting companies in the world

Kind regards,

Servage Hosting
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

well whats so funny? ive got 3 accounts with them and one has over 72 gb files hosted, using over 1tb bw per mo only catch is their control panel isnt good

mine said 453gb space buy hey ho who's complaining, i will never use it

Quote Originally Posted by EncoderZ
    Just received an email today from Servage today (no laughing ):
    How many people have you referred to them?
    Are you trying to refer more?

Quote Originally Posted by HHIC
    How many people have you referred to them?
    Are you trying to refer more?
    The email is sent to all their customers not just to those who reffer potential customers

Quote Originally Posted by Leadix Web
    well whats so funny? ive got 3 accounts with them and one has over 72 gb files hosted, using over 1tb bw per mo only catch is their control panel isnt good
    I was picturing hundreds of customers thinking WOW! great I'll upload more as I'm so appreciated and then Servage having to invest in more hardware and building another DC to cope ...

In all honesty I read it as:
    We're getting desperate for customers so we'll make the customer think they are valued and go way over the top by offering them even more space and bandwidth.
    As we dazzle with this deal just hope these dazzled customers dazzle even more potential customers.

Realistic doesn't enter into the vocabulary of what maybe customers want to see and hear!
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Question

Because you referrer so many of your friends to us our growth has exploded
    Do many hosting companies make these grammatical/spelling errors without it bothering their customers? Forget the crazy sounding plans, maybe these days people don't expect elementary spelling or grammar when they deal some hosts as a reflection of the education/expertise/business quality of the sender...

If so that's another big difference in hosting and the rest of the "business" world.
    New Idea Hosting NO Overselling-Business-Grade, Shared Only! New-In House Design Team.
    High Speed & Uptime; , DIY Pro-Site Builder-Daily Backups-Custom Plans, All Dual Xeon Quad Intel servers w/ ECC DDR3 RAM SCSI RAID minimums.
    We Concentrate on Shared Hosting ...doing one thing and doing it VERY well

How do I know if 250 GB is enough space for my website?
    Quite simple - 250 GB is plenty of space (the same as 250000 MB). We host thousands of websites and 99% of them use well under 250 GB. The average website uses approximately 25 GB disk space.
    This Q & A under their FAQ is completely false. Average web site does not use anywhere near 25 GB disk space, I don't know what kind of web sites they are hosting but average web site uses under 500 mb. Their 250GB offer is ridiculous, however overselling is a industry standard and they do own their own data center.

A "blazing 250 GB disk space"? What is that supposed to mean?

Average web site does not use anywhere near 25 GB disk space, I don't know what kind of web sites they are hosting but average web site uses under 500 mb.
    With the allocations they're giving, maybe that'w what the average website (or maybe account) uses based on their experience. It's a bit scary though.

Do many hosting companies make these grammatical/spelling errors without it bothering their customers? Forget the crazy sounding plans, maybe these days people don't expect elementary spelling or grammar when they deal some hosts as a reflection of the education/expertise/business quality of the sender...
    We should remember Servage is based at least in part in Germany, so maybe we can cut them some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by thetimehascome
    that's 250GB of diskspace smoking marihuana?
    hi there!

in regards to the blazing 250gb comment.

I have noticed general clients (the ones that know they need a website but other than that know nothing of it) associate the space/bandwidth with speed. For some of the local business's I would say maybe 20-30% of the time I have to explain that storage has nothing to do with overall speed and responsiveness of a website.

Quote Originally Posted by AvailNetworks

I have noticed general clients (the ones that know they need a website but other than that know nothing of it) associate the space/bandwidth with speed. For some of the local business's I would say maybe 20-30% of the time I have to explain that storage has nothing to do with overall speed and responsiveness of a website.
    You could interpret "blazing" to imply that the storage is based on fast disks (e.g. Raptors, SCSIs, etc.), at least that's how I see it...
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Quote Originally Posted by AvailNetworks

I've actually heard this quite a few times myself and it only takes a minute to better inform them.

Exclamation ...wow!

WOW! You have done alot of work to get that for free. Well done. Hope they host you well they must be loosing out if they are giving that away for free!

Quote Originally Posted by layer0
    You could interpret "blazing" to imply that the storage is based on fast disks (e.g. Raptors, SCSIs, etc.), at least that's how I see it...
    most clients, business or otherwise, generally have no idea what a scsi or ide disk is though. We picture things here a lot differently because we (generally) know what we are talking about and what makes things better, infastructurally speaking.

To most people 500gb space and 2tb transfer is like a 600hp ferrari getting 42mpg. Sounds great on paper