servage.net , is it good ?

Can anyone use servage.net ? , i'm search for a large space & bw hosting with low price . servage.net is the best result that i was found

But, Is it a good hosting ??????

No. servage.net = Garbage (Recycle Bin -- technically speaking)

Quote Originally Posted by b3b3
    No. servage.net = Garbage (Recycle Bin -- technically speaking)
    Did you use their service?

you won't actually be able to use the space that these overselling providers say you get...its just overselling so don't think that lots of space and bandwidth will ever come at a low price tag...its just not possible...they will suspend your site before you can use a lot.

I used servage a few years ago.
    They ARE pretty good for the price you pay.

They have clustered servers and I didn't have many downtime.
    They have very simple but usable control panel.
    Adding domain/subdomain is very simple and easy. One of the best (for end users), IMO.

But they don't offer raw log, nor good stats.
    And the security was rather poor (I don't know if it's still bad or not).

If you are serving lots of static (and public) contents, Servage can be a good choice.
    I'm currently using DreamHost, and I think DreamHost offers better overall value (with better security, features, freedom), but Servage can be a little more stable than DreamHost.

Many of these low budget hosts are often bashed by small hosts (without first hand experience, agaist WHT rule), here.
    But it's because smaller hosts can't possibly compete with them in many areas.
    So, they keep chanting "over selling" to scare away potential users from the larger hosts.

For the same amount of money, those "oversellers" definitely offer a lot more, most of the time, IMO.

But it's true that smaller hosts may provide more services, if you are lucky to find truly honest and competent one, which isn't necessarily easy because there are liars pretnding to be honest and included in the list of supposedly honest hosts.

PS.

If you are new to hosting, you may want to choose a host with a good helpful user community forum, like LunarPages.
    Servage disn't have one, when I was using.

Quote Originally Posted by kotlt
    Can anyone use servage.net ? , i'm search for a large space & bw hosting with low price . servage.net is the best result that i was found

What are your requirements for hosting?

Do a forum search and the answer lies within

As a Servage customer - I would say it depends on your needs from a host are and also read very slowly and closely the AUP and TOS.

If you have a large site that is going to be using significant resources then honestly avoid like the plague.

If you plan on having just a small site with a few visitors then they are OK but, even then their is better, cheaper and more realistic hosts are in abundance.

If you are planning on using anywhere near what they advertise then make sure it's just plain files as if you using scripting ...etc - they will pull your site without warning for excessive use of resources.

All-in-all I would just consider another host what is reliable in it's offerings - it saves possible heartache later.

Remember: all that glitters isn't gold ...

Hope this helps
    ┣▇▇▇═─√v^√v^√♥
    - Proudly Hosted By: NetworkPanda.

Quote Originally Posted by kotlt

I've had a site hosted with them for over 6 months now and had no problems at all with them. No noticable downtime, or any usage issues, i run a fairly active forum as well.

When i have used their support the response times have been fast within 10minutes for me, and the fact i have referred many other customers means i have free hosting for several years now.

They do not offer a monthly payment scheme, the minimum they allow is a 3 month payment, so take that into consideration.

I've used Servage for almost a year for a website that was reasonably popular. They're actually a very decent company. Ofcourse they oversell bigtime but they seem to manage it. Quick responses from helpdesk and my website loaded up at good speed. Only thing that really annoyed the s**t out of me was the very slow initial connection to the FTP, but that seemed resolved all of a sudden one day.

So I'd say Servage is doing good. Not spectacular, but good. Especially for that price. And if you enter coupon DK3C you even get it for 5.95 instead of 7.50
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by extras
    I used servage a few years ago.
    They ARE pretty good for the price you pay.

They have clustered servers and I didn't have many downtime.
    They have very simple but usable control panel.
    Adding domain/subdomain is very simple and easy. One of the best (for end users), IMO.

But they don't offer raw log, nor good stats.
    And the security was rather poor (I don't know if it's still bad or not).

If you are serving lots of static (and public) contents, Servage can be a good choice.
    I'm currently using DreamHost, and I think DreamHost offers better overall value (with better security, features, freedom), but Servage can be a little more stable than DreamHost.

Many of these low budget hosts are often bashed by small hosts (without first hand experience, agaist WHT rule), here.
    But it's because smaller hosts can't possibly compete with them in many areas.
    So, they keep chanting "over selling" to scare away potential users from the larger hosts.

For the same amount of money, those "oversellers" definitely offer a lot more, most of the time, IMO.

But it's true that smaller hosts may provide more services, if you are lucky to find truly honest and competent one, which isn't necessarily easy because there are liars pretnding to be honest and included in the list of supposedly honest hosts.

PS.

If you are new to hosting, you may want to choose a host with a good helpful user community forum, like LunarPages.
    Servage disn't have one, when I was using.

Well its usually the people who use the overselling hosts that end up back here over and over again trying to find a new host....there is a reason people bash them...

If you want reliability you have to pay for it...otherwise your going to be switching back and forth between hosts for the rest of your life. Overselling is basically just tricking customers, whats the point of saying they can use 200GB of disk space and 2TB of bandwidth?? like anyone can actually use even 5% of that....

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Overselling is basically just tricking customers, whats the point of saying they can use 200GB of disk space and 2TB of bandwidth?? like anyone can actually use even 5% of that....
    Guess its just the same as moaning about hosting companies overselling, like it will change anything!

Quote Originally Posted by devonblzx
    Overselling is basically just tricking customers, whats the point of saying they can use 200GB of disk space and 2TB of bandwidth?? like anyone can actually use even 5% of that....
    You are talking nonsense. It is quite possible to use a significant proportion of the amounts offered as many people have proved, including WHT members. I would say 100% but the plans keep getting bigger and so people haven't used that much yet.

The invariable restriction is for people who want to use that much space & bw with dynamic sites - and no shared server/cluster has enough CPU/RAM for that without paying a lot more. But not everyone runs dynamic sites and some people have dynamic sites where most of the usage is from static downloads.

And for most customers of 'overselling' hosts, there is never a problem because their sites never get that busy. But they sleep better at night knowing they have the space and bandwidth available if they did.

And because this is the case with most customers, the host can afford to provide the huge amounts of space and bw to the few that use it.

An entirely reasonable business plan for big hosts in that sector of the market.

They will suspend your account if your pageviews exceed 400,000+ per day regardless on how much of badnwidth you use per day.

They will suspend your account if your pageviews exceed 400,000+ per day regardless on how much of badnwidth you use per day.
    Is that pageviews or hits? There is a difference between the terms.

As far as i know its pageviews not unique hits.