DCs near airports

Anyone know of datacenters anywhere around the country within 5 or 10 minutes of an airport/easy access. Looking to get a presence in different areas with easy access / little or no driving involved.

By country we assume you mean US?

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Yes that's correct

market post tower aka mpt is pretty close to the san jose airport.

MarquisNet in Las Vegas is only minutes from the airport.

BTW they are great and I definitely recommend them.

San Jose, CA: Layer42s new data center is a few minutes north of the SJC Airport

Ashburn, VA: Equinix is about 20 minutes from Dulles during non-commute hours.

San Diego, CA: Level3 has one on 8929 Aero Drive

There are a couple of DC's very near LAX, NR Software is one of them I think.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

Sago Networks is about 8 miles from the Tampa international Airport.

http://sagonet.com

1100 Space Park Drive is only about two minutes away from the SJC airport on the north side.

MPT has been plagued with power outages lately. Poor management. 250 Stockton is a data center within 5-10 minutes from the SJ airport. Inexpensive. Switch & Data has a data center at 534 Stockton in SJ..same distance.

AtlantaNap (Gnax Company)

Located in Atlanta’s historic West End – the Atlanta NAP is only 5 miles from the heart of downtown and the airport

Not trying to hijack this thread, but MPT has had power outage issues recently? When? Information on this? I used to have a presence there and I never had any issues...that was just a few months ago.

Ask any of the customers on the 14th floor...Two saturdays ago, there was an issue when mpt tested their equipment. There was a 3 second power outage, which caused many customers to run down to the building to reboot their equipment...causing a backup of customers trying to get into the building. No explanation was given for the outage. The outage prior to that was about a month before.

Avoid 250 Stockton like the plague....

Quote Originally Posted by VertexBilly
    MarquisNet in Las Vegas is only minutes from the airport.

BTW they are great and I definitely recommend them.
    I'll second that recommendation for Marquisnet (first to come to mind when I hear the question "datacenters near airports).. You can see their building when you fly into mclaren.. Good guys.

nocster.com They are only 5 miles away from Scranton / Wilkes-Barre International Airport.

Anything at 350 E Cermak, Equinix, etc. is less than 10 miles from Midway in Chicago and it is basically straight down I-55, which is you're there ate the right time of day means the trip is about 20 minutes total, not sure if that is close enough for you though.

Savvis, which I believe is full now, the new Equinix facility, opening sometime in 2007, or so I've heard, and DuPont Fabros (though have fun getting in unless you're MSFT or GOOG) are up near O'Hare, nearly bordering the West side of the airport, though the terminals are on the East side of the airport.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

<< nocster.com They are only 5 miles away from Scranton / Wilkes-Barre International Airport. >>

And very little traffic getting in and out of it....we love it... :-)

Equinix Secaucus NJ is about 4-5 miles from the airport and so is the Equinix DC in Newark. Both are quick train rides from Liberty International (Newark NJ)
    ProRack.com
    AmericanDataCenter.com
    NY2 Equinix Secaucus NJ

Market Post Tower / MPT / 55 South Market is 3.9 miles away from SJC airport: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...5781&z=14&om=1

Probably less than a 10 minute taxi ride even during rush hour since there are many local roads that connect MPT to SJC airport.

Yes... MPT has had power issues -- but who hasnt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Gobanza
    Yes... MPT has had power issues -- but who hasnt?
    The datacenter I'm in (as already posted in this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by lpmusic
    The datacenter I'm in (as already posted in this thread)
    Not that it is an excuse for power issues or a complete solution to power failures... but it always surprises me how many people would better survive power issues if they thought through their setup a little more. At MPT I've seen dual-power-supplied switches plugged into the same circuit... even though the customers cage was fed with diverese power feeds.

Equinix opened a third DC in the Los Angeles area. This third one is located in El Segundo which is where LAX is located.

Quote Originally Posted by coloqueen
    250 is reopening under new management. the place is cleaned and tested... experienced staff is now hired... for inexpensive colo, with high reliability, seems pretty good. i know it's been less than favorable in the past, but the new management team seems like they know what they're doing.
    Reliability is something that time proves, and the former management was somewhat unfriendly to customers which is why I assume it stayed fairly vacant for quite some time. I'd heard someone was pushing 250 Stockton, but I can't even find any IP providers that admit to having gear over there anymore.

It would be nice if it ended up living up to its potential as a location.
    AppliedOperations - Premium Service
    Bandwidth | Colocation | Hosting | Managed Services | Consulting
    www.appliedops.net