Need help canceling my account...don't know what to do!

Hello,

I think that most of you have heard about the recent problems that everyone hosted at varhosting are having.

They used to be very good till the last couple of months (bad uptime, never reply to tickets, servers not functioning correctly...etc)

So that's it, I decided to cancel my account, but the problem is that I don't know what to do. There website is always down and when it's up the support and billing systems are down (they never reply to tickets too!). I want to cancel it ASAP because they will rebill my credit card in about a week.

I'm asking help from the other folks that were hosted at varhosting and managed to get out of this nightmare and cancel there accounts.

Thanks in advance,
    Hesham A.Megid

Their website is up for me at the moment. Anyway, If you cannot get in touch with them, you can call your bank and tell them to deny any future charges from VarHosting. Hope this helps

Do you have a backup of you website?
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

Yes, I do have a backup.

The website is up now, but the support portal is not working. Check http://support.varhosting.net/

Why do you want to stay there, it s easy to choose another host
    ArzNet.com
    Providing Hosting & Domain Reseller since 2001
    Clientexec and Directi Domain Reseller with every Reseller Plan - 30 Day Trial Now Available!

Hesham A Megid,
    the support portal is working on my end my friend. You can try agian

Quote Originally Posted by E.Emile
    Why do you want to stay there, it s easy to choose another host
    Who said that I want to stay there? It seems that you didn't read the first post!

Quote Originally Posted by John West
    Hesham A Megid,
    the support portal is working on my end my friend. You can try agian
    Still not working here. May be the problem is from my ISP. Anyway, even if I managed to open a ticket, they'll never reply.

Is there you can access member center where you manage/view your profile, invoices and payment? Thought you can remove your credit card info in member center but they may still have your credit card info in billing backend to charge automatically. The support portal is not working for me.

Try contact surojit@bungeecode.com (found in whois) and sales@varhosting.net

Instant messaging: (found in forum)
    aim: SurojitUCD
    msn: surojit@bungeecode.com
    yahoo: sniyogi

Can you call them on the phone? Request they cancel it. If not do what others said, call your Credit Card company and deny charges from varhost in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS_Hosting
    call your Credit Card company and deny charges from varhost in the future.

This is the best and the fastest way you can cancel your subscription to them. If, and only if, your credit card company won't budge, you can even try declaring your credit card as lost so you will be issued a new card with a new number. That way, you will never be charged again by this company.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your new host.
    Don't Lose Your Website Ever Again!
    Backup All Your Domains and MySQL Databases Automatically
    Grab this Website Backup Software today.

I managed to open a ticket. I'll wait for a couple of days, if I didn't get a reply then I'll have to call my credit card company like you said.

Thanks all for you help

Hi Hersham,
    Did this issue ever get resolved? Let me know if it hasn't and I'll be sure to get your refund issued ASAP. Thanks!

- Rick

No it didn't. You still don't answer my tickets & your website is always down.

I couldn't deny future charges from varhosting because the bank told me that I'll have to cancel my account and create a new one!

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi Hesham,
    What's your ticket number? Also, if you can send me your username that would be great as well.

As you may already know, VarHosting.net was sold to my firm about a week or so ago...and we're making some big improvements to the site...including new hardware, better support staff, etc.

I'll be sure this gets taken care of immediately.

Ticket ID is 35082-4402100837, my username is tonefact.

Didn't know that varhosting was sold, but I hope to see your company as great as it was in the past.

Hi Hersham,
    Thanks for the ticket number. I'll go ahead and get this processed ASAP.

Thanks again,
    Rick

Hi Hersham,
    I checked in our billing system and couldn't find the username of 'tonefact'. What's the domain name on the account? Let me know and I can get your account refunded ASAP.

Thanks,
    Rick

Hi,
    Im sorry to hear that But im glad to see it will soon be improving! Good luck...

Thanks! Yeah, we're making good progress in the migration. In the end, it will really be a version 2 of varhosting...faster network/better hardware/better support.

My domain name is tonefactory.net

Thanks for you help

Hi Hesham,
    I found your account and successfully canceled it. If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks,
    Rick

Question ?

Look for anything including a phone number or address send them a letter or ring them. You could use whois.net to search their company/domain to get information on how ot contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by opensourcehosting
    Look for anything including a phone number or address send them a letter or ring them. You could use whois.net to search their company/domain to get information on how ot contact them.
    Read more than just the first post. The host has already replied inside this thread. In fact, they'd replied to the post right above yours.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.