Smile Some Questions about buying online

I've bought an item online but the company ships me wrong item by mistake. Am I responsible to pay for shipping to return the item for exchange?

Assume that I have to pay for shipping, but aren't they should be the one paying it? I did nothing to make them ship to me the wrong item and why would I have to pay extra to get the correct item shipped?

Yupapa,

Have you talked with the company you bought the item from yet?
    It sounds like you're assuming the worst without contacting them first
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

They are responsible for covering costs of their mistake I would of thought (not sure what consumer laws are in place in your part of the world though). Is the item they sent you worth more than the one you wanted?
    Steve

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by CaroNet-Hesham
    Yupapa,

Have you talked with the company you bought the item from yet?
    It sounds like you're assuming the worst without contacting them first
    I always think of all possible situation when it comes to a problem
    I've contacted them and waiting for their response actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    They are responsible for covering costs of their mistake I would of thought (not sure what consumer laws are in place in your part of the world though). Is the item they sent you worth more than the one you wanted?
    Actually less. If it is more, then I wouldn't mind taking it

It is a network switch, but they send me a different model. I ordered a managed one, but I got the unmanaged one.

I've seen some return policies at different web sites and it says when the customer return the product for warranty or the item is DOA, he has to pay for shipping at his expense. I cannot find any info about shipping a wrong item by mistake. I have never had this kind of problem so this is why I am asking and see if anyone have had or seen the same situation.

To me, customers paying for shipping to return the item because it is DOA or seller shipped the wrong item by mistake is not fair.

If people have to pay for shipping to return their products whether they are DOA / for warranty / they have received the wrong item and it has been like that since the beginning of e-commerce, then I have to pay for it and I can't argue with that.
    Last edited by YUPAPA; 11-02-2006 at 11:31 PM.

Yupapa,
    If this is a well known company-you shouldn't have any problems.

This once happend to me with an ebay dvd purchase, and the user was a company. The company provided money for postage, and I shipped it back.

Smile

Good!

Responded and they are paying for it!
    Goood!