Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktwist
    Someone sent me an email:

Shocking / Bad News : Pepsi and Coca Cola contains extract from Pork (Pig)

Most of the people avoid Pepsi and Coca-Cola for various reasons:-
    And I suppose that everything you get in your email is 100% accurate...
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I would think anyone with a shard of common sense would realize that e-mail is just a false chain letter.
    --

well, the email is definately contrvashal but its true the soft drinks do no good to health hence they should NOT be consumed on regular bases.

Whenever I drink soft drink for (1 drink a day) for few days, it effects my health and I get cold ! It happens every time when I do this, so I am came to conclusion that I will ovoid soft drinks / cold drinks (Pepsi, coke, thumbs up) etc.

I did some research on internet and here is what I found. After reading this you will be shocked and will stop consumption of soft drink.

READ THIS
    How Soft Drinks are Harming Americans' Health
    http://suewidemark.freeservers.com/liquid_candy.htm

WHY SOFT DRINKS / COL DRINKS ARE BAD

1) Obesity : Obesity increases the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular disease and causes severe social and psychological problems in millions of Americans. Between 1971-74 and 1988-94, obesity rates in teenage boys soared from 5% to 12% and in teenage girls from 7% to 11%. Among adults, between 1976-80 and 1988-94, the rate of obesity jumped by one-third, from 25% to 35%.

2) Bones and Osteoporosis : People who drink soft drinks instead of milk or other dairy products likely will have lower calcium intakes. Low calcium intake contributes to osteoporosis, a disease leading to fragile and broken bones.

3) Tooth Decay : Refined sugar is one of several important factors that promote tooth decay (dental caries). Regular soft drinks promote decay because they bathe the teeth of frequent consumers in sugar-water for long periods of time during the day. An analysis of data from 1971-74 found a strong correlation between the frequency of between-meal consumption of soda pop and dental caries.33 (Those researchers considered other sugary foods in the diet and other variables.) Soft drinks appear to cause decay in certain surfaces of certain teeth more than in others.34

4) Heart Disease : Heart disease is the nation's number-one killer. Some of the most important causes are diets high in saturated and trans fat and cholesterol; cigarette smoking; and a sedentary lifestyle. In addition, in many adults a diet high in sugar may also promote heart disease.

5) Kidney Stones : Kidney (urinary) stones are one of the most painful disorders to afflict humans and one of the most common disorders of the urinary tract. According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), a unit of the National Institutes of Health, more than 1 million cases of kidney stones were diagnosed in 1985.39 NIDDK estimates that 10 percent of all Americans will have a kidney stone during their lifetime. Several times more men, frequently between the ages of 20 and 40, are affected than women. Young men are also the heaviest consumers of soft drinks.

6) Additives: Psychoactive Drug, Allergens, and More : Several additives in soft drinks raise health concerns. Caffeine, a mildly addictive stimulant drug, is present in most cola and "pepper" drinks, as well as some orange sodas and other products. Caffeine's addictiveness may be one reason why six of the seven most popular soft drinks contain caffeine.41 Caffeine-free colas are available, but account for only about 5% of colas made by Coca-Cola and Pepsi-Cola.42 On the other hand, Coca-Cola and other companies have begun marketing soft drinks, such as Surge, Josta, and Jolt, with 30% to 60% more caffeine than Coke and Pepsi.

=========

Is Diet Coke bad for you?
    http://joi.ito.com/archives/2002/10/...d_for_you.html

Diet coke contains Aspartame which is defined as poison. Read above link for more details.

http://www.cspinet.org/new/soda_10_21_98.htm
    =======
    Studies described in "Liquid Candy" indicate that diets high in sugary foods like soft drinks may increase the risk of heart disease in "insulin resistant" adults. Other research links cola consumption to kidney stones in men.
    =========

Food Fight: Scientists take on sodas as 'cigarettes' of obesity
    http://www.heraldsun.com/state/6-708845.html

==========

http://woi.brynmawr.edu/node/343

============

Soft drinks are said to cause tooth decay because they usually have acid as well as sugar in them. According to Soft Drinks and Health the average pH of soft drinks is 3.4. This acidity is strong enough to dissolve teeth and bones! If you put tooth into the cup with a soft drink it will dissolve in ten hours!

========

http://www.cspinet.org/liquidcandy/index.html

The empty calories of soft drinks are likely contributing to health problems, particularly overweight and obesity. Those conditions have become far more prevalent during the period in which soft drink consumption has soared. Several scientific studies have provided experimental evidence that soft drinks are directly related to weight gain. That weight gain, in turn, is a prime risk factor for type 2 diabetes, which, for the first time, is becoming a problem for teens as well as adults. As people get older, excess weight also contributes to heart attacks, strokes, and cancer.

Frequent consumption of soft drinks may also increase the risk of osteoporosis—especially in people who drink soft drinks instead of calcium-rich milk. Dental experts continue to urge that people drink less soda pop, especially between meals, to prevent tooth decay (due to the sugars) and dental erosion (due to the acids).

Frequent consumers of soft drinks may also be at a higher risk of kidney stones and a slightly higher risk of heart disease. More research is needed in both of those areas.

============
    Question
    Hi Dr Brendon,
    I do not know whether you can help. Here's my question: Is drinking COLD soft drink bad for health? I try to take soft drinks that are low in sugar content. Is taking it cold bad for health?

Thank you.

Soft drinks have many other bad contents besides sugar so they are to be avoided if possible. Use of cold drinks may or may not affect your health. The energy (Chi) balance in your body may be affected with chronic use. A exam would be needed to see how you are being affected or how to balance your body.

Hope the information is useful,
    Dr. Brendon O'Brien D.C.
    =============

I have STOPPED DRINKING SOFT DRINKS WHAT ABOUT YOU ?

In India soft drink sales has gone down by 40-50%. Situation has turned so bad, now coca cola and pepsi has started advertising that its totally safe to drink soft drinks. .

If you want drink prefer coconut water or fresh juice (not canned). I don't say totally stop drinking soft drinks but try to ovoid it as it provides no benefits except good taste. Soft drink also do not control your thrust. It actually increase it. So if you are thrusty dink normal water (not cold) not soft drink.

Quote Originally Posted by mahinder
    In India soft drink sales has gone down by 40-50%. Situation has turned so bad, now coca cola and pepsi has started advertising that its totally safe to drink soft drinks. .

If you want drink prefer coconut water or fresh juice (not canned). I don't say totally stop drinking soft drinks but try to ovoid it as it provides no benefits except good taste. Soft drink also do not control your thrust. It actually increase it. So if you are thrusty dink normal water (not cold) not soft drink.

I hope you are talking about that Amir Khan's Ad...
    I'm Zafar Ahmed.
    I provide
    SEO Services & eMarketing consultancy
    I'll be glad to hear from you

if someone sent me that email it would be rightly marked as spam.

you gotta be pretty dim witted to believe any of that.

oh i liked the one about coke, where if you took the lable off a bottle folded it in half, inside out and held up to the light at just the right angle...

you would see an image of SATAN!

and we thought the internet would be a tool of enlightenment
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

Spam it is
    i heard this story few years ago. i get lots of email that's actually a rebirth of America’s oldest urban legends, like the cinema seats that has HIV infected needles on them
    » Poised.com - Marketing with Passion
    Tamer o'kail - Creative Director

Ya...anybody who believes that really needs to give their head a shake.

as it is the only animal
    that eats dirt, dung and urine, which makes lethal and deadly fabric
    polluted germs and microbes.
    Even that isn't correct anymore. Pigs are now one of the cleanest animals around.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Quote Originally Posted by keliix06
    Even that isn't correct anymore. Pigs are now one of the cleanest animals around.
    so they shower daily using beauty soaps now ?

Anyways too much of anything is bad, be it cola , be it milk .
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by paidhosting
    Anyways too much of anything is bad,...
    Including stupid "studies" of carbonated beverages. What a load of antisemitic hogwash.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Someone sent me an email:
    2. Because it is a Zionist Jewish product and they are supporting and
    funding the illegal Zionist state aka Israel terrorist activities.

<SNIP>

* The scientific and medical research says that drinking Pepsi & Cola leads
    to cancer because the key element is taken from Pigs sausage. The heavenly
    books Qur'an, Bible and Torah forbids eating Pork, as it is the only animal
    that eats dirt, dung and urine, which makes lethal and deadly fabric
    polluted germs and microbes.
    Those two statements are condradictions - Since the Qur'an and the Torah both forbit the consumption of pork, then why would jews put pork into a soda that they drink?

Also, these urban legends can be actually be harmful in the communities in which they originate - According to Snopes.com, "Coca-Cola industries throughout the Middle East are operated as local businesses". In addition, Snopes also says that "Pepsi was one of many multinationals that wouldn't do business in Israel during the 40-year Arab commercial boycott of the Jewish state".

Why do people actually believe this crap? It's almost as stupid as the "Jews use the blood of Christians and Muslims in foods created to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim" myth - See http://www.snopes.com/religion/blood.htm .

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    Those two statements are condradictions - Since the Qur'an and the Torah both forbit the consumption of pork, then why would jews put pork into a soda that they drink? .
    Its not the jews that put pork its the evil "TASTE" that forces them to do so
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Quote Originally Posted by Web Rhino
    Spam it is
    i heard this story few years ago. i get lots of email that's actually a rebirth of America’s oldest urban legends, like the cinema seats that has HIV infected needles on them
    Selling "Coke 2" in the lobby no doubt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12