Thumbs up WebNX - 1 month review

www.webnx.com

I've been with WebNX for a little over a month now so I thought it would be time for a review

Hardware / Price
    This is really a point where WebNX excels. I have a Dual Opteron 244, 2GB RAM, 2x36GB 15K RPM SCSI disks in RAID 1. Without mentioning the exact price, I'm paying just over a third what some other "bigger" companies would charge for a box of this spec (seriously). WebNX is really flexible with hardware. Whatever it is that you need to host, they definitely have a solution available for you. The hardware benchmarks well and haven't had a single problem with performance on this box.

Network
    I chose the Mzima network and I've been thoroughly satisfied with the (lack of) latency and performance. I can't complain. They also offer lots of network options, including Linkline (premium), Mzima (premium), and Cogent (value). So not only are they very flexible hardware wise, but also network wise.

Support
    Always there when I need it. No complaints. Dan and Steven are awesome to work with and have gone above and beyond what I'd expect them to do. Very 'personalized' support, you don't just feel like a number (as opposed to a customer) as you do with some other companies. I've had reboots done within just minutes, so the response time is definitely there.

I highly recommend anyone looking to get a dedicated server to try out WebNX. They're very good with custom setups where you need fast CPU & I/O. Check out the advertising forums for Dan's weekly offers, some great deals there!

MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Another thumbs up for WebNX!
    I also think Dan and Steven are great to work with as well.

With that said: you meant to say lack of latency I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Another thumbs up for WebNX!
    I also think Dan and Steven are great to work with as well.

With that said: you meant to say lack of latency I would assume.
    ...Fixed.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I would love to see more feedback coming, please

I saw a number of positive reviews, but not that many. Their website doesn't help either... to say the least.

I am especially interested to know how night reboot requests are handled and whether anyone experienced a down time during summer blackouts?

Thank you.
    :: Mountain Network Systems :: 323-933-9291
    eCommerce solutions since 1995
    http://www.webcart.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Webcart
    I would love to see more feedback coming, please

I saw a number of positive reviews, but not that many. Their website doesn't help either... to say the least.

I am especially interested to know how night reboot requests are handled and whether anyone experienced a down time during summer blackouts?

Thank you.
    I'm not sure on the summer blackouts, but maybe ask them directly if they were affected? Night reboots - I'll give it a try when I do my next kernel upgrade so we'll see. But I'm very confident.

Their website doesn't show their latest offers, I'd contact sales as they are very flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Webcart
    I am especially interested to know how night reboot requests are handled . . .
    First you'd have access to APC, for remote reboot. If that doesn't work, then maybe KVM over IP, or if that's not hooked up to your server, Dan would have to manually reboot from their cage, and if that doesn't work, Dan would need to hook up a console and see why the server is not rebooting.

I've worked with Dan a fair bit, and bought a server from him a few months back. It's not in his cage, and coloed elsewhere. I've found Dan to be a pleasure to work with, helpful and polite. Probably be grabbing a few more servers off him soon too.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

layer0, thanks you to share your positive experience with us. It's always pleasant to read good feedbacks but you're only a month with this hosting. We'll see how everything will be in at least half a year.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyy
    layer0, thanks you to share your positive experience with us. It's always pleasant to read good feedbacks but you're only a month with this hosting. We'll see how everything will be in at least half a year.
    Yeah, I'll post another review after a few more months go by. Though I have full confidence that absolutely nothing will change in that period of time.

Just ordered a server with them and it's reviews like this that helped me make the decision. That said, because of their propensity for custom configs and lack of an online configurator, they're not the place to go if you need to order today and have the box online tomorrow.

OTOH, that does help in avoiding the clients who don't speak English well, need 10 servers ASAP, and want to pay with 10 different credit cards. :-)

Dan will take care of you, give him a try. He is well known on these forums anyways especially for hardware sales
    GameWarrior.net - Bringing Gaming To The Next Level
    GamingMonkeys.com - Come Play Fun Flash Games !

Quote Originally Posted by gbulmash
    Just ordered a server with them and it's reviews like this that helped me make the decision. That said, because of their propensity for custom configs and lack of an online configurator, they're not the place to go if you need to order today and have the box online tomorrow.

OTOH, that does help in avoiding the clients who don't speak English well, need 10 servers ASAP, and want to pay with 10 different credit cards. :-)
    Good to hear, hope you enjoy your new server Be sure to post your own review as well.

Good one heh
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Nice,
    Glad to hear that you are happy with them.

-Jarrett

Nice to hear good words about another host, WebNX is a great company, also DAN is great
    RackSurge - Superior Hosting Solutions
    Shared, Reseller cPanel Web Hosting w/ Fantastico, Dedicated, VPS Solutions, Ruby on Rails, PHP4 and 5, Tomcat.
    Premium Network - Level(3), Savvis, AT&T, PCCW Global, nLayer, and TeliaSonera