Who should host the mail

Hi all, I am not sure am I in the right room, if not, please correct me.

Right now I have my websites hosted by Site5, and I am using RoundCube webmail through them as well. But a lot of time I am having trouble to login to my webmail and my site is loading very slow sometimes.

I would still prefer to host my sites through Site5, but not the e-mail part. I have tried the MSN hotmail thing that you can check your personal e-mail address through them, but it didn't work out very well.

Is there any places that can host my mail out there? I don't mind to pay extra $ as long as I can access to my e-mail anytime I want. just like as smooth as I am checking yahoo e-mail.

Thank you for your help in advance.

http://www.everyone.net/email_hosting.html. I used these guys for a personal domain several years ago. Don't know how their service rates now.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

use google obviously...

use google hosted domain, or microsoft live message for your own domain.

Quote Originally Posted by lutan
    use google hosted domain, or microsoft live message for your own domain.
    Are those free? When you reply does it has their company name at the bottom? or any other advisement?

Your registrar may offer mail services as well, so that's another route to check into.

Quote Originally Posted by thetimehascome
    Your registrar may offer mail services as well, so that's another route to check into.
    You are right. I am using NameCheap and they provide e-mail services for $18/yr. I am more concern on the webmail access. Has anyone used that before?

Quote Originally Posted by henry2k5
    Are those free? When you reply does it has their company name at the bottom? or any other advisement?
    it has no advertisement, its the same thing as gmail except with your domain at it and a domain control panel, and a web page maker

Quote Originally Posted by hitman3266
    it has no advertisement, its the same thing as gmail except with your domain at it and a domain control panel, and a web page maker
    Is it what they called Google Apps for Your Domain?

they are all free and no ad in your email.

yes, it's google apps for your domain

Quote Originally Posted by lutan
    they are all free and no ad in your email.

yes, it's google apps for your domain
    I just signed up, looking good. Has google said anything about about charging fee when it is no longer beta version later?

Quote Originally Posted by henry2k5
    I just signed up, looking good. Has google said anything about about charging fee when it is no longer beta version later?
    theyll always be in beta

gmail, ain't that private. setup your own server and say << good-bye >> to big brother 4life!
    Last edited by writespeak; 11-03-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Well, I use Google Mail for my domain and it freakin' rocks!
    I've been using HostGator for 38 months.. and it's been awesome.
    Get The Maximum HostGator Discount With These HostGator Coupons!

Does any of the services (yahoo mail, gmail, hotmail, etc....) provides E-mail Forwarding function? I checked my yahoo account and didn't see it.

gmail provides it

Quote Originally Posted by hitman3266
    gmail provides it
    oh yea it works great. thank you!

The best email host I have ever tried is gmx.net. Gmail and hotmail work very well, too. That to a point that I have had to redirect my business email to all the email accounts mentioned above when my website email has problems. Yahoo seems good but pop3 is available just to paid subscriptions.

BTW, an excellent alias service is emailias.com and lets you easily forward your email to any account (very useful when shifting hosts which nowadays seems to be the most popular hobby )
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

where are the guys that run their own servers, o those were the good ol' days...now google owns everybody and can potentially destroy you with their RFID mail.

Maybe nowadays unless you are a big company or have special email requirement, it's not that feasible to have your own mailserver anymore.

Gmail are very good at what they do so far. Let's pray it keeps that way or we might be in trouble.
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Quote Originally Posted by edu4vision
    Let's pray it keeps that way or we might be in trouble.
    why pray and hope they don't change or get bought out by some evil entity, how could you ever trust a company over yourself. its easy to run your own mail server. its impossible to delete anything that touches google's servers.