Question Optimized for CMS hosts?

Is there such a thing? siteground seems to advertise itself as so but I wonder what made them special ? or maybe even other hosts ...

I have a typo3 site and it didn't do fairly well with godaddy (very very slow on non-static pages) so this 'optimized' thing came in mind...

As long as the server does not get overloaded it should be OK.
    CMS tend to use a lot of server resources, therefore, in a overloaded server is going to crawl.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

that's right. again if database server is seperated from the hosting server, would be better.

stick with smaller hosting companies that dont oversell servers...
    www.griffinhosting.com

WHMCS Security Plus+ : Addon module with additional security features for WHMCS billing system.

siteground seems to advertise itself as so but I wonder what made them special ?
    Shoot them an email and ask. If there's really something that makes them special, they'll surely let you know about it. Otherwise, they'll just give you some sales fluff.

I would have a look at hosts that provide application hosting as typically these environments will be undersold and will allow you to use all of the resources that you have purchased. I'd have a look at MediaLayer.com (their representative goes by the handle "layer0" on the board) and ask them about their beta test of their new environment.

Hope this helps....
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

you should also look at what type of cms it is, windows like dotnetnuke?
    or linux, a company like opensourcehost.com is really good.

But I tend to agree, companies that target cms type clients tend to do a fairly good job of keeping cms's running smoothly. like us also.

making a decision on whether the host has separate mysql servers makes no sense (to me). There's nothing to say what the load is on the machine, anymore than if it were on the same machine as the hosting. in fact, it's probably a little lopsided the other way, because anyone hosting mysql on it's own server is expecting a lot of use.

You don't need to search for any special host. MOST sites that we get customers with are using a cms. be it a blog, or nuke site, whatever. I see no reason to search for anything different than you would for any webhosting.

If your site is big and busy you should consider alternatives, but if it's a startup there's NO reason to start hunting down extended services. scale as you grow.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Thanks for the advice, maybe I should just search for a reliable host that supports typo3.

I think that would be your best bet. But instead of going to those host rating places which can be VERY biased. I think you'll get better information by asking here.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer