Thumbs down Nkommunikation Review

Hello All,

I have had a dedicated server with Nkom for about 3 weeks now. So far server reliability and speed is not an issue. But the sales and support is completely hopeless and useless.

To keep it short, I bought a Celeron 2.53 Dedicated Server, 50% first month to checkout how good/bad they were. 5 days ago, I decided to upgrade to a Dual Core P4 3.6, so I opened a ticket and asked if I could move over and keep the same IP block. But it's now 3 days and still no reply.

http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1zj1.png

I wonder if my server goes down, hardware fails...how bad would their response time be With this reason, I have decided not to renew or upgrade to a new server next month. Maybe Nkom should consider hiring more staff before offering deals they are incapable of delivering.

Just my 2c

Quote Originally Posted by mike_au
    Hello All,

I have had a dedicated server with Nkom for about 3 weeks now. So far server reliability and speed is not an issue. But the sales and support is completely hopeless and useless.

To keep it short, I bought a Celeron 2.53 Dedicated Server, 50% first month to checkout how good/bad they were. 5 days ago, I decided to upgrade to a Dual Core P4 3.6, so I opened a ticket and asked if I could move over and keep the same IP block. But it's now 3 days and still no reply.

http://img285.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1zj1.png

I wonder if my server goes down, hardware fails...how bad would their response time be With this reason, I have decided not to renew or upgrade to a new server next month. Maybe Nkom should consider hiring more staff before offering deals they are incapable of delivering.

Just my 2c
    Do they have a phone number, have you tried calling them?

Quote Originally Posted by WireSix
    Do they have a phone number, have you tried calling them?
    1. Yes. Phone doesn't get answered
    2. Yes. Tried to Email.

Anyhow. I've found a new provider called Bruzen Networks, and they have been excellent so far.
    Last edited by GlossyHost-Mike; 11-02-2006 at 03:26 AM.

Hi mike_au,

its sad nowadays that you have to change the host in order to get an actual response. I think you probably did a wise decision with moving away. I have similar experience with http://www.hudsondigital.net/ if that means something to anybody.

In this case I was with them 4 months (through a reseller) and also technically everything was top notch it was definitely the support that sucked.

It seems like some companies want to learn it the hard way.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Well, perhaps they are overloaded by the sales volume they've got. Anyway, good luck to your new provider

It's a pity to hear about your bad experince with Nkom. But maybe you're ahead of time. Did you use a ticket system?

I thouhgt to buy from them so i made a search on google and find thisd thread

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,16768249

then i gave up an buy from layeredtech....
    Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by dannyy
    It's a pity to hear about your bad experince with Nkom. But maybe you're ahead of time. Did you use a ticket system?
    Look above..