Looking for a reasonable plan

Hello,
    I am looking for a fairly small plan. I don't need much, but I will need:
    1. The latest cPanel
    2. All cPanel functions are active with Fantastico included.
    3.MYSQL Databases
    4. Since I am starting out, I am not sure what I should get. Any tips?

Take a look here, find some places that sound reliable and in somewhat good standings...

See if they offer something that you like, and shop... get about 3 hosts, and see if anything bad has happened. talk with them. look for uptime, complaints.

Basically, do everything you would do in buying a new car... Research.... narrow down the list, remove out the junkers... and you should have a decent pick... but no matter how good anything is for anyone else, you may still have a lemon...

Xau

Xau has offered a great suggestion to get started!

You may just want to go through posts here and see what exactly you are going to need in your reseller account (billing software included? How many domains will you need to host? Do you want a host that will scale with you when you grow? Do you need end-user support? etc..). Once you have narrowed down to 5 or so hosts, you can research each one very closely, looking and reviews and such but keep in mind that almost every host will have *some* negative feedback because not every host is right for every person.

Your best bet is to find a reasonable host and just give them a try (given that you are not putting in a large investment) because you are the judge of your own host

Good luck in finding your first (right?) reseller host!
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

Thanks for the tips! This will be my first reseller host. I was looking at the Hostgator Aluminum plan, and it seems ok. Do you think this would fit for my first attempt at this. I am fairly good with things like this, but I might need end-user support. I can't put in the link because I don't have enough posts but is is the Hostgator Reseller section. I want to start something that will grow with me, and if anyone could PM me, I have some questions to ask about this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SystemOverload
    and if anyone could PM me, I have some questions to ask about this whole thing.
    You can't be PM'ed or PM someone until you hit 5 posts.

I am fairly good with things like this, but I might need end-user support.
    That's not something you'll get with Hostgator though. Also, some reseller find it important to have the ability to oversell, but Hostgator has that disabled.

Just making sure you get what you want. Though what you want isn't always what you need.

Well, I guess I won't need it when I start out, support should be ok to handle, I just want to do a good job.

It also depends on who you are aiming your service at -- if it's local clients who you know personally, you should be fine handling the support yourself. If it's more of a global market you are aiming at, you may want to look at other options (although not necessary). It all depends on your approach!
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

How much space and bandwidth do you need?
    You may want to considering to take a plan without overselling enable, in a plan with 5 GB of Space and 50 GB of bandwidth, you'll able to create only 5 plans of 1 GB of Space and 10 GB of bandwidth (as example), no matter if those 5 accounts only use 100 MB all them together.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by SystemOverload
    Hello,
    I am looking for a fairly small plan. I don't need much, but I will need:

4. Since I am starting out, I am not sure what I should get. Any tips?
    Head straight to the 'Running a Web Hosting Business' section on WHT. Take some time in reading the stuff over there, and you would be able to define your requirements better and also understand the intricacies of the wonderful world of web hosting.