What IDE are you using for PHP development?

Hi guys,

I wonder what stuff are you using when coding in PHP (talking about IDE now)?

I, personally, just love phpED IDE, fast, ultra convienient, advanced and clean debbuger (comparing with Zend Studio debugger, when it comes to add again and again dummy.php file) .

Several weeks ago tried to use Zend Studio, didn't make the impression like phpED, although, it has several unique feautures like "Code analyzer" and very enchanged code insight (better that phpED's).

These two are the biggest competitors in PHP IDE market for me.

Maybe eclipse, but... Something is wrong for me in this product (no offence guys) .

What is your oppinion?
    Would very nice to hear.

Bye

Zend Studio if im working on a complex project, otherwise i'll usually use pico or vim. I like the syntax hilighting, variable completion, and function parameter helpers in Zend, however it is not coded very well and is rather slow and bulky.

i always use Kate or KWrite i love the different plugins and wide range of syntex highlighting, i used to use phpedit(i think was its name) years ago but i find text editors a lot faster now
    cPanel, CloudLinux, Softaculous ℵ Off Site Backups, Redundant DNS

vim. vim for the tiny amount of PHP I do. vim for SQL. vim for Python. vim for XHTML and CSS. vim from C to shining C++. vim for vim.

vim for breakfast, lunch and dinner. vim while I sleep. vim when I wake.

vim, Vim, VIM!!!

(and gvim variants thereof...)
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

I use Wordpad for PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS, Javascrip, etc.

I love kate or kwrite too, and bluefish.
    and if I need to make a quick edit for script in terminal/ssh, I use vi or pico (if available)
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

I use TextMate at home and Zend for work

I see that most of people here uses text editors, processors. Didn't you tried IDE, special software for developing with PHP, code completors, debuggers, doesn't it help for you?

Editplus here.
    Rails in DA - Ruby on Rails plugin for Directdmin | DA-Tomcat - Tomcat Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DA-PgSQL - PostgreSQL plugin for Directdmin | IP Deny Manager - IP Deny Manager plugin for Directdmin
    DeeperAdmin - Manager your DirectAdmin server "deeper"
    Order now at http://www.daplugin.com

Quote Originally Posted by thunder-ltu
    I see that most of people here uses text editors, processors. Didn't you tried IDE, special software for developing with PHP, code completors, debuggers, doesn't it help for you?
    I have vim configured in an "IDE-like" way and have "good enough" code completion through tags, and development aides via simple scripts which are mapped to keys.

I do very little PHP any more, but do maintain some really old code. One of the reasons I don't use an IDE is that vim supports all the languages I work with.

Nothing beats Dreameaver

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

Komodo mainly because can debug beside php also perl (or ruby, or python) on any platform (win, linux, mac).

Not a big fan of big IDEs for scripting. If I'm on windows I use a hacked up version of SciTE on mac I use BBedit. Of course anything compiled I will use whatever is native to the OS/language (VS,XCode,Eclipse).

IMO I don't like using IDE's for things like PHP/MySQL, HTML, CSS, etc. If you use programs that helps do the code for you, you'll never learn. Plus you may be relying on buggy code to help you do stuff

Dreamweaver on windows and Bluefish on Linux.
    Sarcasm, the 6th Ponyman of the Apocalypse.
    Please do not inquire about Tim, the 5th Ponyman.

Quote Originally Posted by azizny
    Nothing beats Dreameaver
    Did you try Quanta? If you say "Nothing beats Dreameaver" - I do not think you did.

Besides auto-completion, structure view, debugger, built-in manual, code folding and other stuff you would expect from decent IDE, Quanta can be extended as much as you need it to. My Quanta knows which files to show in project and which not, makes backups, encodes php files that have to be encoded and moves them at appropriate places, tracks which project files need to be uploaded, which files need upload confirmation, sends email when certain things happen to certain files and projects, puts in
    [QUOTE]
    while ($r = mysql_fetch_assoc ($res) ) {

}
    [QUOTE]
    ... when I type "wh", keeps track off annotations and TODOs, keeps persistent bookmarks and more.

Quanta is great IDE, but as far as basic text editor, my favorite is Joe.

I'm a big fan of Crimson Editor. It's not really an IDE, but the enviroment, code color coding, etc is nice. Unfortunately, it's no longer officially supported.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

Dreamweaver. It's PHP coding capabilities are quite basic but its a damn good WYSIWYG editor.

The the profiling and code analyzing capabilities of Zend are great but its a memory hog.

I wish I had the code editing capabilites of Zend and the WYSIWYG capabilities of dreamweaver combined in a single IDE.
    Darsh Web Solutions : Web Design, PHP Development, E-Commerce Solutions

PHP Tutorials : Tutorials and scripts for beginners

I have been coding PHP with EditPlus for the last few years. I like the feature to edit files over FTP. Very useful for quick fixes on remote servers.

EditPad Pro, which isn't an IDE. But it supports all the toys I want and it's fast and uncluttered.

I've tried Zend and another PHP IDE, and I hated them both because they felt too cramped and bulky.

Myself I find most IDE's are too "mouse centric" for my liking, and my 45 year old hands appreciate not leaving the home row any more than absolutely necessary.

Thus my love affair with vim was born... and with an auto tiling X window manager (I use "dwm" but ion, ratpoison and others are capable too). The whole system is my IDE, in a real sense.

Zend or Textmate = <3

Depends on my mood and what I'm doing

Zend Studio or Dreamweaver 8.
    Alasdair

It's not really an IDE but I use multiedit.com for most of my editing.

If i'm programming a web page already designed, I use Dreamweaver on work and Quanta on home.

For my classes and libraries i use textpad on windows and vi on linux.

I use Zend on osx, but like everyone else, I agree it is too bulky and slow. And it is programmed in java, ick.
    Mark

Submenu:
    You should really try TextMate ( www.macromates.com ). I've tried all the PHP editors I could find on OS X and this is the only one I have every found to be helpfull. And if you do check it out, try some of the cheatsheets lying round on the net and brush up on the snippets and commands that are available as they can really increase your productivity.

Quote Originally Posted by hehachris
    Editplus here.
    Second that. I used Zend a while ago, but switched back to EditPlus.
    Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was the suspect. --Steven Wright

Ultraedit all the way.
    Nothing I've ever see has been able to compare to them for features and reliability.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

I have used vim, komodo and zend on Windows, OSX and Linux. Zend has the most features and I used it extensively at work, but the most bulk; and like any other software, it is not without bugs. Komodo is what I am using these days because of some Python work I am doing. If there was ever an IDE I would purchase personally, it would be Komodo.

vim is just ... well, you can never say enough good things about vim

Textmate is by far the best text editor on OSX. I was actually smiling when I used it the first time; and that was before I learned all the neat tricks.

I was a long time user of EditPlus and it is easily one of the better text editors for Windows. Great product.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise