Thread: Money Order?

Money Order?

Does anyone purchase domains using a money order? I see so many people complaining when they do a search for an available domain, and someone else takes it the next day. I saw one registrar a while back that said "we don't guarantee the name will still be available by the time we receive your payment through the mail".

If you do, the registrar/reseller will not register the domain until they receive and/or cash the money order. So you may be waiting up to week and risk someone else registering it in the interval.

The next best method from using a credit card for purchasing a domain is to open up a PayPal account. If you use a money order, you should prefund your account at your registrar before attempting to search and register domains.
    Signature Under Construction.

Stu, not all registrars accept Paypal. Credit card still is the most convenient way to pay for domains (as you said)...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

I think the best way of paying for the domain is having a merchant account. It's a very convenient and quick thing.

Yep. know not all registrars accept paypal, but if that is what you've got, then that will be one of your requirements of a registrar
    Signature Under Construction.

some registrar take echeck from bank account. try that