Thread: Spam TEST

Just sign a few guestbooks out there with your test account. You'll get plenty of crap that way.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

You won't get some spam for a few weeks.

at least that's how things went on my test, where i put a mailto link in my signature.

Post in usenet

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina
    Post in usenet

--Tina
    Want to post for me? I don't touch newsgroups!

I haven't seen a single spam message in ~21 months now, and I have never used a spam filter in my life. Go ahead...ask me how
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    I haven't seen a single spam message in ~21 months now, and I have never used a spam filter in my life. Go ahead...ask me how
    Well, I just started seeing small bits of spam, and I want to make sure it stays that way... For your sake, ... HOW, oh mighty the_pm?!

You don't use email?
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Quote Originally Posted by pixelized
    You don't use email?
    that was my guess

Question

How? How? How?
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Smile

If I remember right, spamassassin web site has an option that can send out junk mail to your own address to test your spamassassin setup. You may want to try that.

I do not use spamassassin BTW

Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA
    If I remember right, spamassassin web site has an option that can send out junk mail to your own address to test your spamassassin setup. You may want to try that.

I do not use spamassassin BTW
    Yes, there is a thing you can send from an outside source to test it... I want REAL spam though.

Thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by pixelized
    You don't use email?
    Nope. Only a small handful of people have my actual email address, people with whom I do business and people who I trust. I can receive email from about a half dozen different sources, but all of them use contact forms and scripts to hide my email address. Even those scripts send email to forwarders, which are configured to send mail to me, just in case they get compromised.

Whenever I sign up for a new service, I create a new forwarder. It takes about 10 seconds to log in and do it, so it's hardly a bother, and if I ever get spam through one of those forwarders, I'll know who sold me out. So far, so good. Lastly, I don't use any common aliases, such as news@, postmaster@, webmaster@, sales@, etc. Always come up with something a little more creative to call yourself. Oh, and never, ever post your email address publicly on the Web. Ever. Period. If you absolutely MUST, create a forwarder, and if it gets hit, change it.

You'd be surprised how easy it is to maintain a system like this. And it works really, really well. When I download my email, I know for certain every single message will be relevent. I maintain a solid address for regular correspondences, and as far as the rest of the Internet goes, I'm a moving target. It's a lot easier and quicker than dealing with spam!

That's all there is to it. Not really rocket science - just takes a little effort until you get the hang of it
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design