Help Finfing Suitable Canadian Reseller Hosting Company

Hello,
    just was wondering if some one here has some experience of some of the canadian reseller companies. I am keen in Linux and am working to have some of the analysis of the things for the forum.
    I have had a look at http://www.247-host.com and find them too good in prices. If some on you can share expriences with them.
    Any other compare able resellers you know?

I haven't ever heard of 247-host but just be wary that when purchasing an account you don't get one that oversells to an insane degree.

May I ask why you're ruling out the US? There's quite a few great reseller hosts out there in the US -- not so many here in Canada and the majority of Canadian companies use American bandwidth/servers.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Are you looking for a company with servers in Canada or just a Canadian company with US or Canadian servers?

247-host has servers at The Planet data center in Dallas, not Canada.

I've had a site on budgetreseller.com for a while, I believe they are also responsible for budgethost.ca also. Really have nothing but good things to say, I've had minimal downtime, well actually only once that I noticed in person and it was resolved within less then an hour. Their support is also fast and helpful in their replies.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I haven't ever heard of 247-host but just be wary that when purchasing an account you don't get one that oversells to an insane degree.

May I ask why you're ruling out the US? There's quite a few great reseller hosts out there in the US -- not so many here in Canada and the majority of Canadian companies use American bandwidth/servers.
    I mentioned I am in the process of collecting information on the candians reseller services. I find these are generally more agressive.
    Term over selling if discussed here shall open new chapter. May be you can have a look at post at
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=overselling. I think server management has got nothing to do with overselling. If you know and can manage server appropriately it shall not be an issue. Normally overselling and over usage are mixed

Quote Originally Posted by WN-Ali
    Are you looking for a company with servers in Canada or just a Canadian company with US or Canadian servers?

247-host has servers at The Planet data center in Dallas, not Canada.
    I think about 90% data centers are located in US, UK and Australia. That covers only one part of the game. I am interested in the ones who are more agressive in approach and have better services. Mainly I am working on some of the anlysis of trends in canadia companies.
    http://247-host.com is an example.
    Planet ppl have good reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by muneer
    I mentioned I am in the process of collecting information on the candians reseller services. I find these are generally more agressive.
    Term over selling if discussed here shall open new chapter. May be you can have a look at post at
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ht=overselling. I think server management has got nothing to do with overselling. If you know and can manage server appropriately it shall not be an issue. Normally overselling and over usage are mixed
    Overselling brings down the overall quality of the service. I've seen it countless times.

More clients to support, more clients on each server to support, more clients on each server to cause problems.

It's not a topic worth fighting over though.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by dyna!
    I've had a site on budgetreseller.com for a while, I believe they are also responsible for budgethost.ca also. Really have nothing but good things to say, I've had minimal downtime, well actually only once that I noticed in person and it was resolved within less then an hour. Their support is also fast and helpful in their replies.
    Nice things.
    So we have to now ie htp://budgetreseller.com and http://www.247-host.com.
    So why did you leave them (you are using term 'was")

I needed to switch to a hosting provider that has support for RoR. My hosting was coming to a renew date, so it made sense for me to switch. Otherwise if not for my RoR requirement I would have stuck with them.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    Overselling brings down the overall quality of the service. I've seen it countless times.

More clients to support, more clients on each server to support, more clients on each server to cause problems.

It's not a topic worth fighting over though.
    Well, I tend to disagree. more servers, more customers, more ppl to look after and more ppl to be looked after, what wrong, is it not what a service provider wants. I mean it gives an impression that the hosting companies shall not look for more customers. Any way once again the purpose here is not to discuss over selling.

Any other ideas, seems the ideas are not as many as one cooul look form this forum