needed constructive reviews

I'm a new-bie to the web designing field, and would like to have constructive reviews for my websites.

Thanks a lot in advance

ummm - not sure I can make a constructive review on the two sites you have listed in the sig. from what I see - well - ummmm - ill leave it to another.

Quote Originally Posted by markov
    I'm a new-bie to the web designing field, and would like to have constructive reviews for my websites.

Thanks a lot in advance
    In my web browser bookmarks, I have a folder. A special folder. It's called "Good Looking Sites." These sites aren't neccesarily useful to me, or even useful to anyone. But they look awesome.

See, I have a problem. I suck a graphic design. It's true. I know a few tricks, but when I'm given a blank page, I'm at a loss. So what do I do when this happens? If you said "Browse your Good Looking Sites?", pat yourself on the back.

Do you have such a folder, markov? It's one of the most useful things I've done as a solo web designer. Don't get me wrong: I never copy. But I do get...inspired.

Are there sites that inspire you, markov?

Yes I do have a list of such sites with me. One site inspires with its excellent color, the other with logo......etc. The e-books and such inspiration sites have helped me. Please do correct me if i'm wrong with my websites.

Layout is ok, but the headers need some love. Lot's of love

I find it hard to trust your site, markov. I think you have a great concept, but I do have some suggestions. Feel free to ignore any or all of them

First, your site lacks authority. Your address is the subdomain of a webhost's website. Maybe this is just a temporary thing, but if you're in it for the long haul, I recommend getting your own domain name.

Also, all the links to the movie & antispyware sites seem to be filtered through some ad network. I'm wondering if you're earning a commission on each link that people click thru and subscribe to.

Your content seems impersonal. Honestly, I thought it might have been copied straight from the websites themselves, since it is so overwelmingly positive and buzzword heavy. Why not personalize it a little more? Use the word "I".

The art design isn't that bad. That's something that we all get better at with time. My only suggestion for the moment would be to save the header image at a better resolution so that the text doesn't look so blocky.

Layout looks good, However you need to make the font under the header a little smaller and the header image can do with a makeover.