SMF v1.0.8 Adsense Code

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to integrate adsense ads to smf v1.0.8 forum?

Please help, the domain is www[dot]2gigfree[dot]com if anyone wants to see the style

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by demonoie
    Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows how to integrate adsense ads to smf v1.0.8 forum?

Please help, the domain is www[dot]2gigfree[dot]com if anyone wants to see the style

thanks
    Firstly, you should upgrade your site to at LEAST 1.0.9, preferrably the RC versions, as those are maintained quite well.

That said:
    This hack will work well to do what you need it to do. It's already designed and setup to do this, and works well on every release of SMF that I've tried.

You may have to do some manual customization if you've got a custom theme, but you have to do that anyways with hacks.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Hi,

thanks for the info, i have applied the mod and added my code, but i cannot see my ads

EDIT:

It is working with the default theme
    Last edited by demonoie; 11-01-2006 at 04:17 PM.

make sure you have the proper code in the necessary areas of your theme, that you have the proper code in the necessary areas of your "admin" section, and that you have given the usergroup permission to "view" the ads.

To give your usergroup permission to "view" the ads, go into manage permissions -> usergroup -> modify . You will see in the top right hand corner an "Ad management" section, make sure they can see the ads.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Is there any SMF mod similar to this, but that offers revenue to the users sharing as well?