Question QUESTION: HOSTINGZOOM vs. ???

Hello Forum:

I am about to subscribe to HostingZoom.com for their Clustered Failover Web Hosting Technology after having reviewed:

* many of the positive comments about HZ on this forum and

* the excellent review results regarding HZ provided at:
    realmetrics.com/report/index.jsp?pc=L90D&ec_i=ec&ec_p=1&ec_s_ProviderDomain=&ec_s_ProviderPlanPrice=&
    ec_s_PeakUptime=desc&ec_s_Uptime=&ec_s_WebSpeed=&ec_s_SupportResponseTime=&mid=4&ppid=10130&rtid=1&cid=2

I expect to utilize very low bandwidth.

The ability to host multiple separate websites (20) with Unlimited subdomains, email aliases, email accounts with competent phone support is important.

Any recommendations and comments would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for all prompt and detailed responses.

Alan
    Last edited by ldcdc; 11-01-2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: long horizontal scroll

I think really one of the few other alternatives you have is maybe MediaTemple, but they don't use cPanel if you're more comfortable with that, and their grid is fairly new so you may have some issues with that. As well as some pretty needed features in the coming soon stage. I think if you're looking for confirmation on HostingZoom more then anything then most around here would green flag them. I noticed they do have a setup fee though, so keep that in-mind.

QUESTION: HOSTINGZOOM vs. ???

Hello Dyna:

Appreciate your comments.

Thank you,

Alan

I use hosting zoom and highly suggest them!

I'm a long time HZ customer and totally recommend them! Also just to clarify, they do not have phone support. Phone is meant for sales. For technical support you have live chat and ticket support.
    Imusion Studio Photoshop Tutorials, Website Templates, Forum Skins, and much more!
    IS Host Reviews Non-biased hosting ratings and reviews!

Question QUESTION: HOSTINGZOOM vs. ???

Hello Immusion and JBradley89:

Thanks for getting back.

It has been my previous experience that web host PHONE SUPPORT is critical.

In that HostingZoom does not provide phone support, but does provide 24/7 email and chat support... HOW IMPORTANT IS THIS ISSUE RE: COMPETENT & TIMELY TECH SUPPORT?

Do I need to change my thinking regarding; 24/7 web hosting phone support?

Thanks in advance for a prompt response.

Alan

Phone support is not essential for a hosting business, and in some cases, phone support leads to having to wait for a reply anyways. Especially for some issues, it is hard to communicate over the phone (eg web links, etc..). I have found that ticket/email support is much more effecient, as long as the team answering answers in a timely manner.
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

If you get live chat support, I see little reason to go further and require phone support. But that of course is just me. Most chat support and phone support is level 1 (simple questions/issues) anyway, especially with lower priced providers as the ones in our discussion here, and serious issues will require a ticket anyway. If the host is good, this should not be a downside.