Quick Futurehosting.biz Review

Hi All,

I've been with Futurehosting, LLC (futurehosting.biz) since early 2006, and so far i've been nothing but impressed at the quality of service.

I currently have a cPanel and Plesk reseller account with them. Support has been excellent with 95% of tickets being answered within 20-30mins. This is a big plus for people like me who have trouble a fair bit. This is one of their key strengths.

Customer Service is excellent. I have had no drama with any sales or tech support rep at all. 10/10

Being located in Australia, I dont get full speed to the server i am on, however I still get great connectivity. The only downtime I have had was for network maintaince, which lasted for 5mins. - Having said this, Futurehosting make sure they email all customers and let them know well in advance!

I'd highly recommend Futurehosting for anyone after a quality host.

Cheers,
    Christian

Hello Christian, can you tell us what domain/s you have hosted with futurehosting?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

How do you monitor the uptime for your site? If it is on the same network as your host, you would have had more downtime then 5 minutes this year.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Hi,

Woops, my mistake, i've had more downtime than 5mins this year, generally the outages down occur longer than 5-20mins, probably have 1 or 2 every 2-3months. This is just an average, havent been using any particular tools.

I havent got anything active on plesk, but on their cpanel, ive got firewolf.com.au and iduo.com.au

Correct me if I am wrong, I believe futurehosting.biz is on Softlayer, and given the outages we have had on softlayer in the past, you would have more than 5 mins of downtime for sure.

But, prompt response by support means you will be taken care of in the event of problems. Maybe, you could port some basic site on a plesk reseller and come back for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK281
    I havent got anything active on plesk, but on their cpanel, ive got firewolf.com.au and iduo.com.au
    Thanks for your cooperation
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by premium20

But, prompt response by support means you will be taken care of in the event of problems. Maybe, you could port some basic site on a plesk reseller and come back for an update.
    I've actually closed the Plesk account, as it was easier for us to use cpanel to get our CMS Synergiser working on it. (Plesk didnt seem to want to allow us to extract a zip archive using a shell command) That's the only drama i had with plesk.

Futurehosting have just recently setup plesk 8 with hspcomplete. My first reaction was that plesk was noticably slower than cpanel.

Hi,

Woops, my mistake, i've had more downtime than 5mins this year, generally the outages down occur longer than 5-20mins, probably have 1 or 2 every 2-3months. This is just an average, havent been using any particular tools.

Hey, nice oscommerce layout from firewolf.com.au.. where did you get it?
    thank you

I got our web designers to build it, seeing as there are no decent templates, it was easier to make it from scratch.

I am also no longer on Futurehosting, having left to move our sites to an Australian Server with Jumba (jumba.com.au)

I got our web designers to build it, seeing as there are no decent templates, it was easier to make it from scratch.

I am also no longer on Futurehosting, having left to move our sites to an Australian Server with Jumba (jumba.com.au)

Thanks, sorry about off-topic

Thumbs down

I've been with Futurehosting.biz for about a year now and as of today, i have no choice but to move my business elsewhere.

First of all, they do respond very quickly to support tickets but, most of the time, the answers are incorrect and the support staff seems totally clueless about most issues.

Second of all, the server seems to be overloaded most of the time as me and my customers are always having a hard time accessing necessary tools such as cPanel and ClientExec. Sometimes we will get timeouts, sometimes it takes more then a few minutes to load.

Last but not least, yesterday was it for me. I've had ClientExec running for the passed year so i had time to register quite a few customers in there with recurring invoicing and such. All of a sudden, everything was gone, replaced by some gibberish not belonging to me. After contacting support, they mentioned they had changed some DNS entries and they would attempt to recover the database for me. It's been over 24h and i'm still having a hard time getting my things back together. One tech after another, they reply to me with vague and useless answers, like if none of them really knew what was going on.

Also, i couldn't make a backup of the database before since the ClientExec was setup on another server as mine (because for some reason they figured CE didn't work on my server) so i didn't have access to anything over there.

Very disappointed, frustrated, had enough.

By the way, i've had 37 support tickets with Futurehosting over the passed year.

I ran a game server on one of their VPS' for a few months. Overall, they were a pretty good VPS host. Their support is very responsive.. or at least on the couple of tickets I submitted.. and Vik's a good guy to do business with. If you're not happy, contact him and he'll set things right with you. I have no doubts about that at all.

Yes, that's one thing that makes sense over there, Vik is indeed a very resourceful person.
    He is the one who fixed all the issues i've had over there.

Unfortunately though, all the other technicians seem to be "out of touch" with what is going on most of the time, unless it's a very small issue like a password reset or a slowdown on servers.

For my previous problem I've mentioned in this post, it was fixed very easily by Vik and he also gave me a good credit to compensate for my troubles.

I simply wish i wasn't tossed here and there by the other technicians for the passed 24h.