Arrow Need Dedicated Server.

Hey, Im after a dedicated server Im in the Uk but the server doesnt have to be in the UK.

I would need only the following:

Processor: Any
    Ram: Any
    *Space: 80-100GB
    *Internet Speed: 100MB
    *Microsoft Windows
    *VNC - Or some other type of remote connection client.
    Security - Not really required.

Does anyone know a good place to get that type of spec..

My budget is around 30-50USD.

Thanks, Jamie

You're probably not going to find anything around that budget in the UK, as pricing is much higher over there. Check the dedicated offers forum on here - you can easily get a box in Germany or such for that price. My box in Germany gets great speeds to the UK, so you shouldn't have much of an issue there.

I dont think even a half decent provider will be able to match your requirments and price, but if you do find any let everyone know about it here also.

Regards
    - Nick
    :: TIMESWAY NETWORK :: Reliable . Powerful . Hosting ::
    :: At Timesway, Top Quality and Top Reliability won't cost you Top Dollar.
    :: Celebrating our 7th Anniversary : Check our Special Offers on Dedicated Servers!

You need to raise your budget a bit more. Windows liscenses alone usually cost $25-$30.

Woops I got currency wrong its $100 (USD) 50GPB (pounds sterling)

okie, now you make more sense.
    :: TIMESWAY NETWORK :: Reliable . Powerful . Hosting ::
    :: At Timesway, Top Quality and Top Reliability won't cost you Top Dollar.
    :: Celebrating our 7th Anniversary : Check our Special Offers on Dedicated Servers!

You can try ohtele

They are a llittle above that for nice hardware, but they may have a cheap-o celeron kicking around for ya :-)

Thanks,

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I'm sure Layered Tech could set you up with something. Your Windows license may make the price a little over $100 ($110) or so, but other than that $100 is a reasonable price point for a budget server .

I have a box at LT and it's been great, very stable and while support is a bit slow whatever I need done has always gotten done. They had a network blip a few days ago, but that seems to have only affected a few people. Other than that their Savvis network is extremely stable.

Alex

Cool thanks for all the replys, I may go with Layered Tech, But I don;t know if they would give VNC or some other kind of GUI remote client to connect with.

Do you need a regular version of Microsoft Windows or Windows Server edition? If Windows server edition, you can enable remote desktop connection and use RDP from your workstation to access the server. Good luck.