* is it safe to use your CC for webhost & domain shopping

Just wondering whats your opinion about using your credit card for hosting & domain name shopping? do you feel comfortable? and how many of you think that credit card transaction through some webhosts has caused misuse of your credit card at some other place.

yes, as long as u see that lock icon on the lower right next tto 'internet' when your entering your credit card details.

welli think it doesn't matter everytime, sometimes host gathers information at their own database as well, and this might result in missuse

Its quick and simple to pay by Credit Card - When I order something online I want to receive the services/products I ordered as soon as possible, and paying by card just saves time.

Most sites do not take your card number unless under a secure server and most hosting firms use a payment gateway that is pretty secure to start with.

I am currently in the UK, and have used my CC for many transactions. It enables me to pay someone in the US for services and it saves me going down to the local currency exchange shop and getting my GBP into USD then posting it by AirMail, it also saves money as you save on postage fee's etc.

Over all I think every firm should accept some form of instant payment wether it be by PayPal or a similar service to start with then upgrading to a payment gateway. Visa and MasterCard are the most important cards to accept if your thinking about getting a payment gateway to handle your transactions so its worth a check before ordering.

Thats my 2p
    Barry
    UK Based Freelance PHP Developer
    PHP/SQL/Ajax/HTML5 - Contact for Quote

I only can say this over and over again: Trust only who has a valid ServerSign = a certificate from a CA that assures you that they provided a company statement and owner ID = they exist and a real, legal company.

I don't say this cause I have that but I have it because to me it is mandatory!

I would have thought, that the signup form wouldnt log into a mysql (your credit card details) they just go straight to the merchant. But i don't know how right i am?
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

That depends how the firm processes orders - larger firms with 2 or 3 dedicated servers would have a bank merchants account, and therfor process there orders offline using there merchant terminal.

If it is a new/small or start out firm they will probably use a third party processor or better known as an online payment gateway. This would probably be linked to directly from the order form on the hosts site.
    Barry

ok, barry, before i go offline, im getting 50 posts lol you have 8 more than me
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

Not sure i understand your last post NNHost - Sorry
    Barry