Recommendations for affordable shared hosting?

Hi all.

I'm looking for a new shared hosting provider. It's for my personal/small-business site. My budget is about $5-7 USD/month, no (or very minimal) setup fees. I don't have a lot of luck with hosts, so I really want this price to be a true month-to-month fee rather than yearly, bi-yearly, etc. The most I'll stretch is maybe quarterly payments.

Minimum basic requirements are at least 250MB storage, 10GB bandwidth, and 99%+ uptime guarantee. PHP, MySQL, Perl, CGI, Cron, and .htaccess required. SSH access and/or WebDAV support would be very nice added perks, but are not required.

I'd also like no soft limits on the account if possible: unlimited subdomains, email accounts, forwarders, databases, FTP accounts, and addon/parked domains.

Friendly and timely customer support is of course also an added perk, but I don't often do very much support requesting.

I appreciate any recommendations you guys have.

New York USA
    The important thing to remember is to find a host that is professional. Many times hosts lie to customers to get them to sign up. Then in a few months, they drastically change their support/service and someone like you get's the short end of the stick. You can browse here on WHT to find good and bad reviews on hosting providers. You should looke for one who has a live chat on their site, and a phone number you can dial tos peak with them if the live chat is not good enough.

Good Luck,

Best Regards,

East Coast // NYC
    Just wanted to add to what JVS said, remember to read reviews around here and on google -- although be wary of some sites, as those are based on "sponsored" links.