Webpages on the internet

How many websites and webpages are there on the internet??

Can anyone give me an approximation/educated guess/guess/prediction??

Google has like 12 Billion pages indexed.
    Show your reciprocal links on your website. eReferrer

Yahoo claims 20+ billion documents indexed, and Google claims to be three times larger...but Google counts differently than Yahoo. I saw an analysis that put Google closer to 25 billion. That would include pages, videos etc..

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/20...er_survey.html
    April 2006 Web Server Survey
    There are now more than 80 million web sites on the Internet, as the April 2006 survey received responses from 80,655,992 sites, an increase of 3.1 million hostnames from March 2006. The web has doubled in size in the past three years, as the survey hit the 40 million mark in April 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by e-places
    Google has like 12 Billion pages indexed.
    Yes, but Google also has a cached version of almost every single page, which doubles the number of pages, since each cached version is its own page. Ditto for Archive.org and other caching services.

I guess no less than 80 billion total pages, and 100+ billion is quite likely. I have no guess for Web sites, and I suppose it depends on whether you're counting total registered domains, or whether any self-contained site counts, even if it is not represented by a TLD. I don't know how accurate this is, but here are some figures regarding TLD registration - http://www.zooknic.com/Domains/counts.html
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

Supposedly Yahoo is used more, or something? I don't know anyone who uses Yahoo.

Quote Originally Posted by the_pm
    Yes, but Google also has a cached version of almost every single page, which doubles the number of pages, since each cached version is its own page. Ditto for Archive.org and other caching services.

I guess no less than 80 billion total pages, and 100+ billion is quite likely.

But then how many pages are at WHT? Is everytopic a page?
    or is showtopic.php count as just one page regardless of its content?
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan541
    There are probably 2 copies of every showtopic page because there is the normal one and the archive version. There is probably a page for every post

Quote Originally Posted by Dan541
    I've never seen showtopic.php without an accompanying query string, which then makes the URL unique. Ditto chess, who mentioned every single one of those pages counts as two pages.
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design