Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

WARNING - eNom and BulkRegister BLOCK Transfers

Here is the deal.
    1. BulkRegister was purchased by eNom.
    2. BulkRegister accounts transfered to eNom.

According to BulkRegister/eNom support.

[[If a domain is transferred between registrars or between eNom accounts, no transfer of the domain is allowed for 60-days from the date the transfer was complete. This is a restriction implemented due to ICANN's Transfer Policy and can only be bypassed or overridden in case of transfer dispute or legal proceedings.
    For more information regarding the approval and rejection of domain transfers and registrar responsibilities, please refer to ICANN's Transfer Policy at http://www.icann.org/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm.]]

So for anyone who wants to transfer their domains out of [BulkRegister/eNom] to another Registar such as [StarGate] or [SRSPlus] you can not.

For 60 days you must leave them where they are and if they come up for renewal you are forced to renew them at the high price of $12 at BulkRegister.

Then you MUST leave then there for another 45 days.
    [[Due to a registry restriction (not eNom or any other registrar, but the global registry), if a domain is renewed and then transferred to another registrar within the first 45 days of renewal, the domain will not have an additional year added to the expiration date.
    Once you have removed the registrar lock and/or obtained the EPP/authorization key for transfer, you will need submit the transfer order through your NEW registrar.]]

I have tried to transfer some of my domains that are coming up for renewal in December and the transfers are blocked.

One Reply I received:
    [Dear Domain Registrar,
    Your request to transfer the domain [razorinnhair.org] has been denied for the following reason:
    The domain name requested does not exist.]

Do a WhoIs and you can see that my Domain Exists.
    It is being BLOCKED by BulkRegister/eNom.

So BE CAREFUL when you are considering eNom.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

with the epp game enom is doing to resellers to avoid transfer out I am slowly moving all name away. The people are no help to me.

Ireland.

1) You could open a sub-reseller acount with a respecteble eNom ETP (MrZippy and Bashar come to mind) and you can then push your ex-BulkRegister domains to your new $8.95 sub-reseller account. You do not have to wait 60 days because the rule only applies to inter-registrar transfers, and not to transfers within the same registrar.

2) You are probably correct, that the transfer has triggered a new 60 day non-transfer situation, but the 45 day wait upon renewal is completely false.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    but the 45 day wait upon renewal is completely false.
    Not exactly. It's more like the registrar's way of reducing inconveniences.

Remember there's an ICANN rule where .com domain names transferred to the
    gaining registrar within 45 days of its last renewal won't be given an extra year.
    But the losing registrar can refund the renewal fee to "compensate" for this.

If they choose to honor such a request, anyway.

Ireland.

1) You could open a sub-reseller acount with a respecteble eNom ETP (MrZippy and Bashar come to mind) and you can then push your ex-BulkRegister domains to your new $8.95 sub-reseller account. You do not have to wait 60 days because the rule only applies to inter-registrar transfers, and not to transfers within the same registrar.

2) You are probably correct, that the transfer has triggered a new 60 day non-transfer situation, but the 45 day wait upon renewal is completely false.

So how would I contact a "respecteble eNom ETP" and talk about myoptions?

Most of my Domains are good until March 2007. I only have 3-6 that may fall into the problem of renewal.

One thing I do not like about eNom is the 3% fee to let them hold my money via a credit card.

I have tried to transfer some domains to StarGate and to SRSPlus but in both cases they are BLOCKED.

I may have to eat the 3% fee and wait until January 2007 to begin my transfers.

To me it is bad business to deal with BulkRegister Resellers this way.

Too bad I didn't follow my gutt and move my domains before the intigration.

Oh Well!
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

I think I have read your posts on this subject in another thread? Or am I having deja vu?
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    I think I have read your posts on this subject in another thread? Or am I having deja vu?

Stan,

You are correct. I added this post to another thread about StarGate and SRSPlus.

Also, this moring it appears my Domain is in fact in the process of transfer.

So, my question and request to eNom Support yesterday may have released the Domain.

If this is true then it looks like I may have spoken too soon to give a warning.

I guess I'll see how the process continues over the next few days.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

So how would I contact a "respecteble eNom ETP" and talk about myoptions?
    Send a PM to either MrZippy or Bashar here on these WHT Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    Not exactly. It's more like the registrar's way of reducing inconveniences.

Remember there's an ICANN rule where .com domain names transferred to the
    gaining registrar within 45 days of its last renewal won't be given an extra year.
    But the losing registrar can refund the renewal fee to "compensate" for this.

If they choose to honor such a request, anyway.
    You are correct Dave. I misread the OP's post. I was thinking he was referring solely to a renewal triggering 45 day hold. I don't know any registrar which does that (not even GoDaddy)

You are correct Dave. I misread the OP's post. I was thinking he was referring solely to a renewal triggering 45 day hold. I don't know any registrar which does that (not even GoDaddy)
    One of the issues we had with GoDaddy was that they not only locked the domain for 45 domains after you renewed it or extended the regisration, but they "extended" that to also stop you moving domains away by transfer within 45 days of making a change to the email address on the admin contact !!!
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech
    but they "extended" that to also stop you moving domains away by transfer within 45 days of making a change to the email address on the admin contact !!!
    Make that 60 days...

I am not sure if this is a current issue with the merge of Bulkregister and Enom. A friend of mine bought also a Domain yesterday. The registration didnt went through (at least thats what he got as reply), however the domain was registered in his name (I did a whois), its just its not yet in his account and also they didnt charge his CC.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that their system is currently undergoing changes.
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Monday Morning UPDATE:

After a week of communications with Tech Support I am happy to announce that BulkRegister/eNom have begun to release my Domains for Transfer.

This morning I got notices that I had domains transfer to both my StarGate and SRSPlus accounts.

With each of these Registars the incoming Domains were processed very smoothly and are now in my Reseller Accounts.

I must add that the Tech Support at StarGate and SRSPlus has been very good.

This week I hope to see a number of Domians complete the process. The main success was the domains coming up for renewal in December. They are now moved and renewed for another year at a cheaper price. :-)

Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

why did it take enom a week to help you? I am starting to wonder with so many problems they are causing for resellers people still recommend them

what many problems?

what many problems?
    I suspect he had in mind ~7 million domains without the EPP codes...

November 8th Update:

On Monday November 6th my Domains began to transfer from BulkRegister/eNom.

On November 7th BulkRegister/eNom Tech Support replied to my October 30th and November 2nd Ticket.

Today, November 8th ALL but 5 Domains have have completed the transfer process and I think those remaining 5 will finish tomorrow.

I still have a number of Domains in BulkRegister/eNom which will be transfered out in January 2007. They are new Domains less than 60 days old.

So for whatever the reason it looks like the initial hold on transfers has been lifted.

Good News For The "Old" BulkRegister Resellers!
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    I suspect he had in mind ~7 million domains without the EPP codes...

Stan, I'm sorry to post this here as my PM's are not working for some reason. If you see this post can you please email me at Richard at Expert Creations dot com.

I would like to discuss something with you.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

good good, maybe enom stand notice and let people leave

Quote Originally Posted by Ireland
    November 8th Update:

On Monday November 6th my Domains began to transfer from BulkRegister/eNom.

On November 7th BulkRegister/eNom Tech Support replied to my October 30th and November 2nd Ticket.

Today, November 8th ALL but 5 Domains have have completed the transfer process and I think those remaining 5 will finish tomorrow.

I still have a number of Domains in BulkRegister/eNom which will be transfered out in January 2007. They are new Domains less than 60 days old.

So for whatever the reason it looks like the initial hold on transfers has been lifted.

Good News For The "Old" BulkRegister Resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by enetwork
    Stan, I'm sorry to post this here as my PM's are not working for some reason. If you see this post can you please email me at Richard at Expert Creations dot com.

I would like to discuss something with you.
    Oh my... In five minutes, Richard!!!

Late November 8th Update
    BulkRegister Feedback:

++COPY++
    Hello,

Thank you for your email. My apologies for the delay in a response.
    But there's good news! Because of similar feedback from our members,
    we do now have the option to continue to do a direct charge for your
    domain registrations.

As we are updating our systems to provide for this, you
    will no longer have to prefund your account.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist further.
    Your comments are appreciated and help us to better server
    our valuable customers.

Thank you again for choosing BulkRegister.

Best regards,
    BulkRegister
    ++END COPY++

Comment:
    So it appears that a good number of BulkRegister Resellers got in contact with them over the new BulkRegister/eNom policy.

I wonder how many started transfers out?

I'm sure the sight of a number of clients leaving raised some red flags.

Too bad their price is still $12 per year. They would do better if they included the eNom price structure since they are in fact an eNom company now.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Yeah. It's a money grab. I think the least they could have done is to have BulkRegister as an ETP and given you sub-accounts with $9.95 registrations. I also think they could have given you incentives to become ETP's in you own right, not just plonked you down as special case retail customers.

I see a few complaints that eNom are charging their BulkRegister customers $12, but never saw any complaints when BulkRegister were charging their customers $12. STRANGE

Yeah. It's a money grab. I think the least they could have done is to have BulkRegister as an ETP and given you sub-accounts with $9.95 registrations. I also think they could have given you incentives to become ETP's in you own right, not just plonked you down as special case retail customers.

I see a few complaints that eNom are charging their BulkRegister customers $12, but never saw any complaints when BulkRegister were charging their customers $12. STRANGE
    1. Yes if they transfered BulkRegister Resellers to an ETP account that would hve been a positive.

2. As for myself, I went from Network Solutions at $35 per year where I had three domains to BulkRegister for $12 a year. That was back a few years ago. I paid a one time $49.95 membership fee at the time. Over time my account grew.

My own fault that I did not look around sooner for a cheaper price. Only excuse was that I was comfortable wih the Interface and service I was getting at the time with BulKRegister.

But times change and with more choices it was time for me to move. That was when I had problems. But that seems to be fixed now.

I hope other BulkRegister Resellers fair well.
    The Best To You!
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

If you like the NetSol interface, I've been reading on this forum that NetSol reseller provides $7.95 domains for a $200 fee. The name escapes me for the moment. (Or was that you tellng us... gasp... alzheimers catching up with me).

If you like the NetSol interface, I've been reading on this forum that NetSol reseller provides $7.95 domains for a $200 fee. The name escapes me for the moment. (Or was that you tellng us... gasp... alzheimers catching up with me).
    Is it SRSPlus?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast