Thread: .LT domains

.LT domains

Hello dear members,

im was searching for .LT domain names registrants and i cannot find any who can help me ? i mean i need website, where i can register it. ONLY PM !

Thanks

Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Please note that .lt domains still require paper documentation to be sent to the registry. Otherwise they are rather normal ccTLD registry...

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    Please note that .lt domains still require paper documentation to be sent to the registry. Otherwise they are rather normal ccTLD registry...
    uhu... and there are plenty of companies, who can do this paper work. If you'll buy it from directly from domreg.lt- cost will be only 27EUR, if you can afford- eurodns.com (60EUR/year+ 40EUR setup fee), but u dont have to care about papers.
    Good luck
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

.lt What is the country?

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLex
    .lt What is the country?
    Ever heard of Lithuania?

http://www.iana.org/root-whois/index.html
    http://www.iana.org/root-whois/lt.htm

The former USSR???

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLex
    The former USSR???
    As far as I know politics - it never was part of USSR from international law viewpoint. Practically - yes.

Its not in USSR from 1991 Indeed, its very nice European country now
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

Quote Originally Posted by e-view
    Its not in USSR from 1991
    Do you happen to know why the ccTLD was established only 03-June-1992 then?

Thank you.

Dont know much about history, but there is no wonder about domreg system established that late. Untill 1991 we were eating bananas and had no civilization here... also used .com and had only 64 modem for all LT as main internet source If seriously, Internet (IMHO) wasnt developer in Russia in those days... you imagine communist jack-in-office talking about opensource and fibers? So our tech is quite green

Eating bananas? I thought bananas were the one thing you couldn't get east of the Iron Curtain in those days! I remember stories of banana shortages in West Germany after the Berlin Wall came down because they were all being bought up by visitors from the East.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca
    Eating bananas? I thought bananas were the one thing you couldn't get east of the Iron Curtain in those days! I remember stories of banana shortages in West Germany after the Berlin Wall came down because they were all being bought up by visitors from the East.

No, i was kidding Sometimes we joke, what Lithuania is "banana republic" ... just because of a bit "different" system here. So developing this idea...
    Of course, in those days we had only three kinds of product and sausages from cats, damn it was funny then

I was kidding too - and you have a very beautiful country! (I spent a few days there in 2002)

I was there 2 times: 1989 and 2006. The contrast is *HUGE*. I must agree with Lubeca - you have a very beautiful country.

Well, my 2 cents:
    Registering the .lt domain might be complicated in some cases, because you can't register it online without domreg confirmation. Some rumours are heard there were some good domain names stolen after applying to register them via domreg accredited registrars.
    Stan, you know Lithuania's history very well- it was occupied by the USSR in 1940-1990, but all Western countries didn't recognize this occupation.