PureFTP vs vsFTP

Both say that they are small, fast, and secure. I want an FTP server for personal use so I'd be the only one using it. I can't decide which one to go with since they claim the same things...could anyone give me a hint on which to pick for my situation? Thanks!

i would suggest pureFTP for unknown reasons
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

If you are only having it for personal use, then I guess most FTP servers are fine, as you don't really care about CPU utilization and throughput under high currency, etc.

Personally I use PureFTP for a small community site on a 256Mb VPS because:

1. Easy to write custom authentication. I have to authenticate against a WordPress user database so authors can upload files to their sites.
    2. Can be invoked from xinetd, so there's no need to run a standalone daemon, so less memory used.

Scott

from the pureftp website:

the number of root exploits found since the very first released version is zero.
    pure-ftp because its the most secure

We were using proftpd in the past, and we had many problems with it. Since we switched all our servers to pure-ftpd, and it's really a good choice.

The only thing that CAN be annoying, is that by default on Debian, pure-ftpd needs the capability kernel module (default linux capabilities, found under security in make menuconfig). It's allright when you know in advance (now we always compile this module in the kernel, and our VPS setup script adds the load of it at startup so our customers have no issue).

Thomas
    GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel