I do not post against a company unless it is relly bad. I have been hounded by 1&1 Internet for 3 years since I cancelled my services with them. I paid in advance, tried their tools, cancelled and moved on.

Since 2003 they have hit my credit card for annual dues, and when I called to complain they did not return my phone messages and directed me to their online system which forced me to log in, I lost my info, etc. My credit report has been affected 2 years in a row for an alleged $97.84 invoice that they could not collect both years. I have called, complained and threatened them. Finally I paid 2004 to avoid credit damage. They agreed in an email to me that the 2005 invoice would be cancelled. Fine.

I just received a collection call from Pennsylvaia today looking for $97.84. Too much hassle. I would advise everyone to stay clear of this company. Their ads are huge, but their customer service and dispute resolution attitudes are terrible. The guy from PA told me today that they already hit my credit report.

Beware 1&1.