FDCServers.net any better or the same?

Hello,

All that years i have read a lot bad reviews for their services (dedicated servers mostly).. I was costumer of them before 2 years and i can say that their network wasnt so good and also they had many downtimes many times per week and sometimes per day..(i used the server for irc hosting) If i remember well they used only Cogent as their Provider.

Now i see that they have added also Above.net and Telia.. And also i dont see people having bad reviews at all.. They are better now? They have improved ? Any info? In IRC they still have problems ?

Thanks
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

FDC is a lot better in many ways. Not only on the network side of things but on the support side as well.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Support has been very very quick for me.

I've opened 3 tickets with them so far and all have been replied to within 5 minutes.

2 years ago would have been when they used level3.

Cogent was always their fairly stable side during things like attacks and such. Level3 was always slow to nullroute huge attacks or trying to help with them, cogent was always within minutes.

Petr's worked hard to find some simply awesome staff. Support has sped up a lot in the past year - these days replying to even complex tickets within 5 minutes. OS reloads are done within an hour normally and we've had full hardware swap outs done within 30 minutes of ordering it.

Over the past 2 weeks i've submitted upwards of 30 tickets, and some of them have close to 40 replies at times. Though-out all of it (by the 30th reply, they already had rotated shifts) they worked hard to help us get our awesome xeon up and running.

We ordered a fairly beast-like xeon (dual dual core xeons). The whole thing was custom - how the OS was installed, how we wanted our raid setup, partitions, BIOS version, even which ethernet port we wanted to use. Even with all these requests (some were down right silly at times), they did it all and quick.

Their network has been very stable these days ever since Petr went on a shopping spree for bandwidth Their capacity is somewhere in the 20Gbit range, and they're looking to be in the 30 - 40 Gbit range come Christmas (according to some posts on their forums).

During their L3 days, we used to get a fair bit of packet loss due to attacks on their network. These days we only ever see any of the attack hits the box next to us or something to that affect. Even then any sort of issues are resolved very quickly.

Network through-put wise, we're able to easily max out the 100Mbit we're given. One of my clients decided to release a 1.3GB game client for his MMO on our webby. Normally we keep in the ~20Mbit range for usage (with spikes). Once that client went live, though, we were riding that 100Mbit like it was, for a lack of better words, our bitch :-P

We've been so impressed with how FDC works these days, that we moved all of our hardware from 2 - 3 other datacenters all into FDC.

Thanks,

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

lol it would be better to get server from pixelfx they are resellers of FDC but service is way better than FDC
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Nice to hear such things..

Do you know if they offer ddos protection? - not via sharktech

And what about their irc network? i mostly used that one and it wasnt that good.. i have as i said years to use it.. hope to be better

Thanks
    Nobody is perfect! My name is nobody!

Apparently the problem is that during peak hours, you can't expect to push more than 30mbps, which effectively makes it only slightly less expensive than GNAX or Voxrox unmetereds, who both offer dedicated bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Loktari
    Apparently the problem is that during peak hours, you can't expect to push more than 30mbps, which effectively makes it only slightly less expensive than GNAX or Voxrox unmetereds, who both offer dedicated bandwidth.
    Hrm, that may have been the case a few months ago, maybe, but since then FDC has added around ~12Gbit of commit, and more to come. Everyone i've talked to has said that they're actually in a position where they're undersold due to all the expanding, by around 4Gbit i think.

My clients and I have never had issues hitting the full 100Mbit when we needed it. One of my clients helps an anime fansub group during their release days, and hits 6MB/sec on the BT seeds alone - at this point the issue is with the drives not being quick enough

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Quote Originally Posted by D3m0n
    Hello,

All that years i have read a lot bad reviews for their services (dedicated servers mostly).. I was costumer of them before 2 years and i can say that their network wasnt so good and also they had many downtimes many times per week and sometimes per day..(i used the server for irc hosting) If i remember well they used only Cogent as their Provider.

Now i see that they have added also Above.net and Telia.. And also i dont see people having bad reviews at all.. They are better now? They have improved ? Any info? In IRC they still have problems ?

Thanks
    Hello D3n0n about hosting they are verry verry good ,support is more better , about IRC , this is bad , servers are still unmanaged and without ddos protection, so for irc arent not the best .
    DDOS Protected - SSD KVM VDS & Storage KVM VDS.
    http://rackhost.co