Thread: Tables ?

Hybrid View

Post Tables ?

is there a way to align text or graphics with beside each other besides using tables? im using dreamweaver 8

thanks for your advice in advance

Vince P

I use Dreamweaver exclusively. You can do a ton of things using CSS. Study up on using div tags to replace layout tables.

Dreamweaver 8 & CSS

Dreamweaver 8 has excellent support for CSS including CSS templates/stylesheets. Play around with them, it's well worth the effort to produce CSS Standards Compliant sites.

Quote Originally Posted by fredericb
    Dreamweaver 8 has excellent support for CSS including CSS templates/stylesheets. Play around with them, it's well worth the effort to produce CSS Standards Compliant sites.

cool thanks i'll try it out now and see how i do. So is it better to use div tags insted of table layout because i use a lot of tables in one page.

Divs v Tables

Quote Originally Posted by illbeatz
    cool thanks i'll try it out now and see how i do. So is it better to use div tags insted of table layout because i use a lot of tables in one page.
    Sure is! It's a bit tricky at first until you understand how floats and things work but the code that you produce is so clean and light. Do a Google for CSS and fluid design to see all of the benefits and learn all about it.