eNom API for EPP

I'm using eNom API in my hosting domain control panel, and I'd like to add EPP support for .com and .net for domain transfer.
    But when I tested it, it always returned False. I've tried it with one of domain, and I even test it by making a transfer out to godaddy for that domain.
    I'm using getcontacts function and retrieve the EPP in EPPKey variable.

Does eNom have problem with the new .com and .net EPP system? anybody can confirm this ?
    ■ Need an eNom retail/reseller account? PM me

Did you get the email from eNom regarding fixes to the API to accomodate the new EPP codes? Are you saying that fix doesn't work?
    Signature Under Construction.

It didn't return any value in the API, just "False" that's all.
    I just did the transfer anyway, maybe it takes time for them to generate the EPP code

How do you find the EPP code in eNom control panel anyway ? I can't find it

btw stu2, I got the e-mail from eNom, in the e-mail it said I can use the getcontacts function

It's viewable under each domain's General Settings, but i don't see any for my .com/.net domains yet

I can't help you with the API stuff at all. I just remembered seeing the eNom email that mentioned a fix for EPP stuff.

Probably they doesn't support it yet, as you also can't view it under General Settings for .com and .net domains. I can't find it in my eNom control panel and API too

Quote Originally Posted by liandra
    Probably they doesn't support it yet, as you also can't view it under General Settings for .com and .net domains. I can't find it in my eNom control panel and API too
    It looks like this.

I asked eNom for you. here is what I got in reply.

Q: "Where do I find the EPP code for my .com/.net domains?"

A: "As of October 28, 2006, EPP/authorization keys are required for registrar transfer of .com and .net domains.

The process of updating the user interface to include EPP key information under the "General Settings" section of the domain control panel is presently underway. Due to the massive scope of this migration, (more than 7 million domains), EPP keys will not be immediately listed for every domain in your account."

So it appears if you want to transfer away .com/.net you need to manually request the EPP code. I think it's disingenuous to blame that on 7M domains, since it's only 1 system change Besides that's not 7M .com/.net domains

Quote Originally Posted by stu2

A: "As of October 28, 2006, EPP/authorization keys are required for registrar transfer of .com and .net domains.

The process of updating the user interface to include EPP key information under the "General Settings" section of the domain control panel is presently underway. Due to the massive scope of this migration, (more than 7 million domains), EPP keys will not be immediately listed for every domain in your account."

So it appears if you want to transfer away .com/.net you need to manually request the EPP code. I think it's disingenuous to blame that on 7M domains, since it's only 1 system change Besides that's not 7M .com/.net domains

This is a scam by enom, Godaddy which is much much bigger has codes ready. This is just to stop people from leaving.

I complained to icann today on this

Damned stupid industry -
    Why are innocent people being screwed over by this... Where are the industry watchdogs ?

Quote Originally Posted by crdr
    Damned stupid industry -
    Why are innocent people being screwed over by this... Where are the industry watchdogs ?
    greedy companys like enom only care about money not customers. since demandmedia buy them every month they get worse. I am ashamed to be a reseller for them.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2

I got same email from joan in transfer group. I think they wish for names to expire so they make traffic money from them

Well, as I said in my previous post. You can request the EPP code from them. So, imho, it's neither a scam or a money making scheme, but I'd say they were not on the ball, since they've known about this for months and had all weekend to implement the (already tested) change.

I see a lot of little, negative trends at eNom, which over time, might cause me to move, but whilst they still have the best control panel in the business, I'll be staying with them and continue to transfer my domains to them. No registrar is perfect. The old adage; "there's no best registrar, only the best registrar for you", still rings true.

The best registrar might be NameCheap features with eNom control panel
    Last edited by stub; 10-31-2006 at 10:54 PM.

thanks stu2,
    I guess I just have to wait..then test out the code after enom update for EPP system completed.

btw, I just did a domain transfer from godaddy to eNom, and it's really easy to get the EPP from godaddy, just click on epp code request to be send to e-mail. Godaddy has more domains than enom... ;-)

I tried to transfer a domain from enom to godaddy. I used the EPP key listed in the enom control panel, and the transfer still failed. Reason from godaddy, "Invalid auth code."

Anyone have this problem? Where you give the gaining registrar the EPP key given to you by the losing registrar, and the gaining registrar still says it is incorrect?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond
    I tried to transfer a domain from enom to godaddy. I used the EPP key listed in the enom control panel, and the transfer still failed. Reason from godaddy, "Invalid auth code."

Anyone have this problem? Where you give the gaining registrar the EPP key given to you by the losing registrar, and the gaining registrar still says it is incorrect?
    I've transferred a couple of domains both into and out of enom since the EPP code became mandatory all without problems - I'd suggest you contact enom suport and ask them to regenerate the EPP code for you
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech
    I've transferred a couple of domains both into and out of enom since the EPP code became mandatory all without problems - I'd suggest you contact enom suport and ask them to regenerate the EPP code for you
    I'll try that, thanks. I just cant believe ICANN actually implemented this policy of requiring an authorization code for .com/.net domain transfers. I believe this will cause a lot more problems than it will solve. I just hope it's not mandatory with all registrars.

2 days notice to update everyone

how sick

they sould give 1 month notice not 2 days notice

Quote Originally Posted by Chaw
    2 days notice to update everyone
    its been known about for several months, just that it has a cutover-date, rather than a period of it being optional as the .biz registry did for a while

and IMHO its a good thing to make transfers as secure as possible - the previous "if the admin doesnt say no it just moves" method caused a number of domain hijacks and hijack attempts.

several of our clients get spurious tranfer requests for some of their domains on a *daily* basis ! the epp impentation stops that - the request wont even waste esources on emails to the admin client if the epp code is wrong
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Quote Originally Posted by othellotech
    the previous "if the admin doesnt say no it just moves" method caused a number of domain hijacks and hijack attempts.
    othellotech, with all due respect - there was NO such method. Never.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Just to follow up.. EPP Key showed up in a new domain registered today, but still not in all my older domains.