Thread: Steadfast VPS

Steadfast VPS

I'm looking to start up a proxy site and was wondering what kind of server would I need?

To start out, I was looking at Steadfast's VPS plans and was wondering if their Bronze VPS is good enough for the first few months.

Any idea?

Ahh' UnderPants

Yea, I understand that they aren't accepting any new orders till mid November, but does anyone know for sure that a VPS can handle a proxy site?

As I'm living in a country where wikipedia is blocked (guess what country...), I use a proxy for myself. Some of our customers uses proxies as well, and what I can say is that if your run ONLY a Squid proxy and are alone browsing with it, then 64MB of ram is enough. I don't know with a lot of users, but it should be ok.

GPLHost:>_ open source hosting worldwide (I'm founder, CEO & official Debian Developer)
    Servers & our leading control panel and our Xen VPS hosting, which are already included in Debian and Ubuntu
    Available in: Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Seattle, Atlanta, Paris, London, Barcelona, Zurich, Israel